Investment Banking Associate, Healthcare
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Cantor Fitzgerald
- 17 Apr 19
Founded in 1945, Cantor Fitzgerald is a global financial services firm and is the largest remaining private partnership on Wall Street. Together with its affiliates, Cantor Fitzgerald operates with over 60 offices in more than 20 countries around the world and has a team of more than 8,500 employees. Cantor Fitzgerald is recognized for its strengths in investment banking, in addition to institutional equity, fixed income sales and trading, prime brokerage and commercial real estate financing
Cantor Fitzgerald, a leading global financial services group at the forefront of financial and technological innovation has been a proven and resilient leader for over 65 years. Cantor serves more than 7,000 institutional clients around the world, recognized for its strengths in fixed income and equity capital markets, investment banking, prime brokerage, and commercial real estate financing and its global distribution platform. Cantor Fitzgerald & Co. is one of 22 primary dealers authorized to trade U.S. government securities with The Federal Reserve Bank of New York. Cantor Fitzgerald's 1,600 employees serve clients through over 30 locations, including major financial centers around the world in the Americas, Europe, Asia/Pacific, and the Middle East.
Cantor Fitzgerald is an equal opportunity employer.
Cantor’s Healthcare Investment Banking Group focuses on all of the major sub-verticals in healthcare, including biotechnology, specialty pharmaceuticals, medical devices, life sciences tools & diagnostics, HCIT and healthcare services, with expertise in public capital market financing, private financings, M&A advisory and restructuring. The Healthcare Investment Banking Group consists of approximately 60 bankers, and over the past year has successfully executed over 50 transactions across debt and equity capital markets and M&A advisory.
The Healthcare Investment Banking Group of Cantor Fitzgerald is seeking highly motivated, successful candidates with investment banking (or related) experience for the associate position in New York. The Investment Banking Group of Cantor Fitzgerald offers associates the exceptional opportunity to work on small client teams with direct exposure to clients and senior bankers.
Associates play an essential role in developing and managing our client relationships. The associates are an integral part of our client teams, taking an active role in developing, structuring and executing a broad range of advisory assignments and financial transactions for our clients.
- Develop and manage client manage relationships
- Advanced financial modeling
- Perform client due diligence
- Take an active role in developing, structuring and executing transactions
- Perform valuation analysis
- Prepare client presentations and deliverables
- Manage and develop junior talent within the group
- Bachelor’s degree PLUS minimum 3 years of experience in an investment banking analyst position or prior experience as an investment banking associate; OR
- MBA or equivalent graduate degree in a financial discipline
- Current or recent experience in an investment banking role or equivalent position
- Current or recent healthcare industry experience
- Outstanding academic record
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong analytical orientation, with experience performing financial and valuation analysis in Excel or comparable spreadsheet tools
- Demonstrable commitment to and experience with working in teams
- Demonstrated interest in finance and financial markets
- Demonstrated interest in healthcare / medical field through professional and/or academic experience
- Series 63 and 79 certified