Investment Associate, Public/Private crossover Small/Mid Cap
Description About this role Public/Private Investing crossover Small/Mid Cap, Investment Associate
BlackRock's Growth team seeks an Investment Associate / Research Analyst who will assist in launching and scaling our small/mid cap public and cross over public/private funds. This role will involve investing across both public and private opportunities and across market cap. The Associate will work directly with the co-PMs.
Ideal candidates would have completed 1-2 years of investment banking work and 1-2 years of private equity / growth equity experience sourcing and executing private company transactions. Candidates that have worked in specific industry groups (e.g. TMT or Consumer or Industrials) are preferred but not required. In these roles the candidate must have demonstrated an understanding of basic valuation, financial modeling, and transaction due diligence. Specific sector knowledge is not necessary, however, a clear interest in public markets and equity investing is desired. Given this role would in part be for private market investments we ideally would like to see some record of completed transactions. Responsibilities:
- Conduct company research - including financial analysis, due diligence on industry trends, company management and strategies.
- Meet with management teams to build stronger understanding of underlying industry, competitive dynamics, business drivers, and strategic direction. Attend industry conferences.
- Present to senior team members stock specific recommendations.
- Build and update financial and valuation models, synthesize and assess financial, industry data and conduct primary research through industry sources.
- Articulate investment theses in both formal presentations and more informal discussions and communicate with investment professionals throughout the firm
- Source private company investment opportunities
- Market map high growth industries and develop relationships with company management
- Strong academic background and ideally 2-4 years of corporate finance experience in principal investing, investment banking/boutique, restructuring advisory, or management consulting
- Self-motivated with ability to operate with modest oversight on small deal teams (2-3 professionals)
- Strong analytical ability & intellectual curiosity around the investment process, spanning a wide range of industries
- Candidate must be comfortable participating and presenting in internal discussions, Investment Committee meetings, diligence meetings with senior management teams, and discussions with industry sources, sell-side analysts, and other professionals
- Candidate must be able to work in collegial, team-oriented environment
- Experience with M&A, equity financings, leverage financings, and equity markets will be viewed positively
- The ideal candidate should be passionate about investing and interested in joining a team that will broaden their experience
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.