- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Franklin Templeton Investments
- 21 Jan 18 2018-01-21
Fiduciary Trust Company International has been a trusted investment manager for individuals, families and foundations for more than 80 years. With world-class capabilities in investment management, trust and estate services, and custody services, we have the expertise to meet the requirements of the most sophisticated clients and their advisors, and can help assure that their families' needs will be met long into future generations.
In 2001, Fiduciary Trust joined forces with Franklin Resources, Inc., a global investment management company operating as Franklin Templeton Investments. The acquisition presented both companies with an opportunity to expand and enhance their resources, services and global presence by combining complementary areas of expertise.
The role of the Investment Associate is designed to provide support to Portfolio Managers in all aspects of the investment process. They will have responsibility to implement and execute our firm's investment policy and broad investment strategies, including asset allocation, recommended securities and other investment vehicles to achieve stated client goals and objectives.
The role is also expected to serve as training for junior investment professionals who are interested in developing a career in an asset management firm.
- Conduct regular account reviews with Portfolio Managers and suggest appropriate actions to uphold asset allocation and portfolio construction views
- Provide research support for the equity strategy teams by monitoring and gathering specific fundamental research data on stock recommendations - This may include providing research meeting notes and coordinating meetings with external Analysts and/or company management
- Enter and execute trades while allocating the trades based on guidelines provided by the Portfolio Managers
- Provide portfolio data and analytics, and work with the Portfolio Managers to create presentations for client and prospect meetings
- Provide analytical performance reports while working closely with the Portfolio Managers to interpret the performance data
- Monitor portfolios for concentrated positions, discretionary status, and client directed holdings to mitigate portfolio risks
- Liaise with Performance department and Client Service Administrators to ensure portfolios are properly set up for performance measurement, including benchmarks and composites
- Manage small accounts following investment policy and mutual fund recommendations, or as guided by Portfolio Managers
- Provide cash flow analysis and wealth projections
- Maintain awareness of client account activity (withdrawals, income sources, etc.)
- Assist in the creation and implementation of investment policy statement for new and existing clients
Ideal candidates will have:
- Bachelor's degree in finance, business, mathematics, or economics preferred
- CFA (or working towards completion) preferred
- 2 years of work experience in the finance or related industry, with an understanding of securities and the investment process - Experience in high net worth asset management preferred
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Ability to work effectively with a wide variety of senior investment leaders and personalities
- Ability to work collaboratively in a peer-to-peer and team environment
- Strong presentation skills with the ability to articulate investment policy views
- Ability to communicate research findings and investment views through regular meetings, reports, emails and one-on-one direct exchanges
- Build and maintain strong relationships across all investment disciplines within the organization
- Ability to analyze quantitative and qualitative market relevant data from a variety of sources
- Strong ability to multi-task and prioritize projects
- Excellent attention to detail and follow-through
- Strong computer and analytical skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
In addition to the dynamic and professional environment at Franklin Templeton, we strive to ensure that our employees have access to a competitive and valuable set of Total Rewards -the mix of both monetary and non-monetary rewards provided to you in recognition for your time, talents, efforts, and results.
Highlights of our benefits include:
- Three weeks paid time off the first year
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with 75% company match, up to the IRS limits
- Employee Stock Investment Program
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Purchase of company funds with no sales charge
We are also committed to your learning and development with resources focused around Experience, Exposure, and Education, to help you achieve your professional development goals. Take some time to, meet some of our people , and see what it means to say, "I AM Franklin Templeton".
Franklin Templeton Investments is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite you to visit us at http://www.franklintempletoncareers.com/ to learn more about our company and our career opportunities.