A NY Based financial technology firm is looking for an experienced investment accounting candidate to provide subject matter expertise. The firm provides asset managers, hedge funds, insurance companies and pension funds with investment accounting solutions that cover all aspects of investment management and regulatory requirements.
- The candidate will provide accounting expertise on fixed income, equities, bank loans, alternative investments, mortgage loans and related derivatives.
- The Candidate will provide technical accounting research and input on the design and requirements for the firms accounting products -Product Development
- The Candidate will help in developing the look and feel of the accounting products from an end-user perspective.
- The Candidate will meet regularly with clients and be directly involved in the accounting products vision, design, and specific technical accounting features
- 5+ years of technical investment accounting experience in the financial markets with a bank, insurance company, asset manager, or accounting systems software vendor
- Must have substantial technical investment accounting expertise (IFRS, Statutory, Tax, US GAAP)
- Must have proven experience and knowledge across these major asset sectors: Bonds and Equities, Alternative Investments, Direct Mortgage Loans, and Related Derivatives.
- Must bring a real passion for investment accounting and the ability to share your knowledge with clients and interested internal teams.
- Must have superior written and oral communication and presentation skills.
This is a role for a current investment accountant who wants to leverage their superior technical investment accounting skills and propel his or her career with a state-of-the-art financial technology firm. The role will work closely with external clients and will work with and have a direct impact across all aspects of the firm's business lines.
Keyword: Investment Accounting, US GAAP, Statutory, Product Development, Performance Reporting, Regulatory Reporting
Please send resumes to Jim Geiger email@example.com