International Law Advisor - New York
We are currently recruiting for an experienced legal advisor with one of our key clients in New York.
As an International Law Advisor you will join an existing legal team which consists of a small number of experienced legal advisors, which will continue to grow as the firm looks to expand in 2020. This is a great opportunity to work for a well respected organisation in a key role within this growing team.
• Advising diplomats, researchers, communications professionals and others on the legal implications of the work they are pursuing.
• Analysing draft UN resolutions and supporting ongoing negotiations of texts;
• Preparing legal advice on products adopted and reports issued by the UN/ Security Council
• Advising and preparing legal analysis on the Security Council and the General Assembly working methods, procedure and precedents.
• Advising and reporting on UN sanctions regimes and procedure
• Editing and reviewing public statements to ensure consistency with international law
• Researching and preparing legal opinions on aspects of international law
In order to apply you should have experience in an international law role at the United Nations, including personal first-hand experience dealing with the Security Council.
• An advanced degree in international law.
• 5-15 years' experience within international law
• Excellent legal analytical and writing skills and an ability to prepare concise and accurate analytical reports that are useful for decision makers who do not have a legal background.
• Ability to work against short deadlines
• Good presentation and briefing skills that can be adjusted to the requirements of different audiences.