Bloomberg's Corporate Controls Team manages all the financial controls for Corporate, including CFOs, external financial reporting, treasury, compensation, statutory reporting and ITGCs. Our Team acts as the second line of defense to monitor financial process risks, collaborates with our stakeholders to strengthen the organizations internal controls and strives to identify drive continuous change for process improvements. We trust you to:
You'll need to have:
- Maintain the governance framework for internal controls over financial reporting by maintaining the current controls database and identifying key financial and entity level controls and identify design gaps
- Periodically test the operating effectiveness of controls, including planning, stakeholder management, developing test plans, fieldwork execution and results reporting
- Partnering with management to develop corrective action plans and monitor the status to ensure risk mitigation
- Facilitating the periodic management certification process of internal controls
- Provide guidance and secondary review of management's SOC report review controls
- Build relationships with cross functional teams to enhance overall internal controls framework and drive process improvements
- Participation in any ad hoc operational reviews or create controls workflows (at the request of senior management)
- Participate in reporting to senior management and stakeholders
- Monitor monthly balance sheet account reconciliation certification by management
- Work with IT Teams to drive system enhancements (e.g. internal controls tool and balance sheet account certification tool)
We'd love to see:
- 5+ years of internal audit, external audit, or relevant business line/accounting experience. Prior experience with a Big 4 accounting firm or internal controls/audit department is a plus.
- Strong accounting foundation in US GAAP
- Experience evaluating internal controls design, identifying key risks and controls for a wide range of business processes, including internal and external financial reporting, treasury, procure to pay, order to cash, hire to retire, fixed assets
- Strong knowledge of internal audit process, control evaluation and testing methodologies, and other Financial and Operational Internal Control methodologies and terminology e.g. COSO.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact with all levels of stakeholders, from senior associates to senior management
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work independently, think critically and analytically, perform research and is solution oriented
- CPA or CIA designation required, or equivalent
- Experience working with accounting platforms such as SAP and running reports
Does this sound like you?
- Winning attitude, professionally and personally driven
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment in a role that has high visibility throughout the organization
- Passion to be a part of an evolving internal controls function and drive for continuous process improvements
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com.