Internal Audit Vice President – Metrics and Reporting
- Not Specified
- New York, NY, USA New York NY US
- Permanent, Full time
- 16 Sep 18 2018-09-16
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.3 trillion in assets on behalf of
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.3 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
Internal Audit at BlackRock
Internal Audit’s primary mission is to provide assurance to the Board of Directors and Executive Management that BlackRock’s businesses are well managed and meeting strategic, operational and risk management objectives. The team engages with senior leaders and all of BlackRock’s individual business units globally to understand and advise on the risks in their business, evaluate the effectiveness of key processes and assist in the design of best practices that can improve their results. Internal Audit’s work builds confidence that BlackRock will meet its obligations to clients, shareholders, employees and other stakeholders.
Our Audit Teams “At a Glance”
With teams in the US, Europe, and Asia, the Business Audit Team performs audits covering all BlackRock business units, including investment and asset management, risk management, operations, finance, and legal and compliance.
The Technology Audit Team, also in the US, Europe and Asia, performs design review and testing related to technology controls across application systems and infrastructure components such as databases, operating systems, data centers and messaging platforms.
SAO (Strategy, Analytics & Operations)
Supporting the entire Audit infrastructure is the Internal Audit Practices Operations and Business Management Team. This group is responsible for coordinating activities and communication across a global team, managing and driving the strategic planning process, implementing process innovations, producing metrics and board reporting, and ensuring appropriate policies/methodology and procedures are in place. The SAO team plays a meaningful part in the development and continuous improvement of the Global team. The team maintains independence from the other audit teams by reporting directly to the Global Head of Audit and does not participate in traditional audit reviews or issues management.
The Data Analytics (DA) Team leverages BlackRock data and various data science, business intelligence, and analytics methods to support the activities of the audit department. The DA team participates in both business and technology audit execution, builds and maintains an inventory of self-service tools for the auditors, supports the risk assessment and annual planning process, and helps manage the department’s operations through the development of impactful MIS. The DA team is a driver of innovation for the department and helps auditors gain efficiencies and insights through the work that they do.
The Unique Qualities We Look For
The Internal Audit team at BlackRock is growing rapidly and is seeking to hire highly motivated, hard-working, self-starting and collaborative team members around the globe. We are seeking people who are eager to learn about the various businesses as BlackRock, and we offer a unique career path for qualified individuals.
The right individuals will embrace a fast-paced environment and be interested in not only adding high value as a member of the audit team, but in helping to evolve our audit processes, tools and methodologies. The team includes professionals with trading, sales, risk management, compliance, technology, finance and operational experience. Internal Audit reports directly to the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors.
The Vice President – Metrics and Reporting will oversee the team responsible for the design, development, production and roll-out of all metrics and reporting used to monitor and manage the operations of the department, including owning the enhancements to the -Audit Management tool that houses all key internal audit data. This individual will also be responsible for driving the execution and delivery of all internal and external reporting, including all global Board materials, and be the primary liaison with our second line control partners to manage and coordinate on plans to keep the calendar of activities across the platform up to date on a monthly basis and facilitate quarterly reporting to senior business executives as requested.
The VP will be required to engage with the business and technology teams, internal risk partners and with information technology teams to manage current reporting needs and drive the enhancements to the reporting process going forward. The role will report directly to the Internal Audit Chief Operating Officer.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Manage all aspects of Audit’s global reporting to executive management, governance committees, external regulators and the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors. Activities may include managing the timelines, summarizing key messages, ensuring consistent messaging throughout all the global reports, performing quality control and reviewing the format of contents to deliver high quality materials.
- Work closely with Internal Audit Executive management, as necessary, to ensure reporting is fit for purpose and is continuously enhanced to meet the changing needs
- Evaluate the results of audits, regulatory examinations, and other key data to develop key messages
- Work closely with Data Analytics team to establish roadmap on future reporting analytics and requirements to develop next generation of dashboards and reports.
- Responsible for the production and automation of routine metrics / KPIs for the department and help build out new metrics/tools as appropriate
- Guide the reporting team to analyze the data to help identify patterns, understand root cause for data anomalies and create solutions for improvement, where required
- Continuously improve the quality and efficiency of key metrics and reporting deliverables. Activities may include creating and/or enhancing dashboards to deliver more value and insights, further automating manual process to further uplift the reporting process
- Own the relationships with other Corporate risk and control functions to ensure activities that may overlap with businesses are well coordinated, where applicable
- Oversee resources that are responsible for the workpaper documentation Tool and ensuring appropriate enhancements and development of the tool. This tools is also the source of data for the majority of the audit report and issues related metrics
- Ensure team works closely with Technology to implement the business requirements designed by staff for ongoing enhancements to the workpaper documentation tool, oversee user acceptance testing, and liaise with the methodology lead to ensure appropriate communication and training, where required
- Provide guidance, coaching and development opportunities appropriate to each of their direct reports individuals needs
- Performs special projects as needed.
Skills and Experience:
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting, Computer Science or business management is preferred. BA/BS, or equivalent, is required
- 10+ years of relevant experience in Audit and/or Financial Services
- Prior experience in managing / executing reporting processes is required
- Highly analytical with ability to identify issues or trends in data
- Pro-active and problem solving mind-set with abi
lity to communicate effectively with senior management
- Experience with business process redesign and change management a plus
- Proven ability to be effective under pressure, can operate with a sense of urgency, and deliver high-quality work within designated timelines
- Disciplined approach to managing processes and controls with a view to improve
- Results driven individual with a high level of attention to detail and analytical capabilities
- Excellent communication (verbal, written, and listening) and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of regulatory and professional auditing standards preferred. Knowledge of Audit Committee regulatory requirements is a plus
- Relevant professional certifications (e.g., CIA, CFSA, CISA, CPA) are a plus
- Advanced competency in Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel, is required
- Knowledge of business intelligence tools (i.e., tableau) is a plus
- Knowledge of RSA Archer products is a plus
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.