Internal Audit, Model Risk - Director # 097564
This opportunity is for individuals to perform audit procedures covering the end to end model development and validation process, including: review and testing of model design, implementation, application, validation and governance processes. You will establish relationships with key partners, keep up to date with emerging standard methodologies and developments and perform continuous risk monitoring activities. Another important area is to support the globally responsible Head of Audit Model Risk located in Zurich to further develop the New York team according to the long-term strategy of Internal Audit with regards to headcount and audit execution.
As a part of this team you will get exposure to modeling and model validation in a wide range of activities, including risk management, pricing/valuation, capital, stress testing, and other business decision making models. The current heightened regulatory focus on these areas and the broader model risk scopes also guarantees a significant level of interest and visibility to the business and senior management.
- Review and assess the model development and independent model validation performed by CS based on review and testing of the development and validation processes and documentation
- Investigating key aspects of each model under review, incl. model documentation, model selection, input data, theoretical construction, implementation (independent calculation) and model governance (inventory related models, blocking issues, agreed actions, approvals/limitations and/or conditions of use
- Participation in working groups addressing modeling issues and the model control environment
- Reviewing findings with colleagues in different audit groups including business and subject matter experts
- Developing appropriate controls to mitigate for model risk and residual uncertainty
- Documenting the testing performed
Credit Suisse maintains a Working Flexibility Policy, subject to the terms as set forth in the Credit Suisse United States Employment Handbook.
- Broad experience in team leadership and team building
- Proven records of role modeling to drive the team of delivering high quality results to strict deadlines
- Strong planning and organizational skills with the ability to react timely with changing priorities
- Excellent communication and writing skills (fluency in English is a prerequisite) as you will have direct communication with senior management
- A Master's degree or PhD in mathematics, physics, engineering, econometrics and finance. Experience in data analysis and management, and trading risk management systems would be an advantage
- Proven model risk audit or other model risk assurance expertise (independent validation or regulatory environment) in the financial services