Intern, Global Infrastructure Group
Dual-headquartered in New York and London, Fitch Ratings is a leading provider of credit ratings, commentary and research. Dedicated to providing value beyond the rating through independent and prospective credit opinions, Fitch Ratings offers global perspectives shaped by strong local market experience and credit market expertise. The additional context, perspective and insights we provide help investors to make important credit judgments with confidence.
Fitch Solutions delivers credit market data, analytical tools and risk services to the global financial community. In addition to offering proprietary market-based content, Fitch Solutions distributes the ratings, research and financial data of Fitch Ratings through a variety of flexible platforms. With innovation and experience behind every solution, Fitch Solutions helps financial professionals meet the diverse and evolving needs of today's global markets.
Fitch Ratings and Fitch Solutions, along with Fitch Learning, are part of the Fitch Group, a global leader in financial information services with operations in more than 30 countries. Fitch Group is wholly-owned by Hearst.
Fitch Ratings and Fitch Solutions are an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer, complying with all laws governing employment in each jurisdiction in which operating, and provide equal opportunity to all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and other status protected by applicable laws. JOB DESCRIPTION:
Fitch Ratings is seeking a graduate student to work within the Global Infrastructure Group (GIG). The position will provide exposure to the transportation and energy components of the GIG team. This role is expected to work approx. 20 hours per week and Fitch is willing to work around course schedules for current students.
Key areas of focus will be:
- Inputting historical data into FDR
- Filling in the DCF form with historical data and rating case figures
- Preparing GIG Files at the end of the review process
- Setting up committee requests
- Copying memos into new templates/summary memo template before analytical review takes place
- Consolidating data for peer tables, sector analysis, special reports, etc.
- Current student within a Master's degree program in Finance, Business or Public Administration is preferred;
- 0-2 years of experience in finance, engineering or related fields
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced and dynamic environment;
- Strong organizational and presentation skills;
- Thorough familiarity with spreadsheet-based financial models.
Fitch is committed to providing global securities markets with objective, timely, independent and forward-looking credit opinions. To protect Fitch's credibility and reputation, our employees must take every precaution to avoid conflicts of interests or any appearance of a conflict of interest. Should you be successful in the recruitment process at Fitch Ratings you will asked to declare any securities holdings and other potential conflicts for you and your Family Members prior to commencing employment. If you, or your Family Members, have any holdings that may conflict with your work responsibilities, they must be sold before beginning work. In certain roles, employees and their Family Members may be limited to investments in diversified mutual funds only.
For more information about this policy, please visit the code of ethics and conduct page - http://www.fitchratings.com/web/en/dynamic/about-us/code-of-ethics-and-conduct.jsp