Intermediary Client Manager
The Intermediary Client Manager is a central point of contact for Intermediary clients of Schroder Investment Management North America. The role requires someone with the ability to understand all aspects of the client's accounts, including but not limited to legal, operational, compliance, and general investment product related issues. This role is part of a team of the Client Service Team within US Intermediary Business, which includes Sub-advisory, General Insurance, Defined Contribution and Wealth Management channels. The ideal candidate will be a team player, be focused on providing best in class client service and have the ability to help IDs win new business mandates. Responsibilities Production of Client Reports / Client Service Administration (50%)
Relationship Management and Service Development (25%)
- Preparation of accurate monthly/quarterly/annually and ad hoc reporting in a timely manner and/or by the stated deadline.
- Complete complex reporting requirements for Sub-advised clients, such as 15c and prospectus requests.
- Develop technical skills and participate in local/global firm initiatives to streamline processes and functions vital to servicing clients.
- Provide ongoing maintenance of CRM database, client distribution lists and other client informational spreadsheets.
- Coordination of presentation material ahead of client meetings.
Inquiries from Clients (25%)
- Proactively manage and develop relationships with Insurance and Sub-advised clients and colleagues at Schroders to effectively complete your job.
- Attain a deeper understanding of the needs and requirements of current and prospective Insurance and Sub-advised clients which will allow you to proactively shape and define the required service proposition for each key strategic client.
- Coordinate the new account take-on process which includes but is not limited to gathering necessary documentation, coordinating efforts with the client and our Transitions team in London, and coordinating funding with the client. Ensure all internal procedures are followed and necessary information is obtained to register client on relevant systems and inform relevant internal departments as appropriate.
- Coordinate and communicate authorized cash flows to the appropriate internal teams.
- Follow the policies and procedures as defined by your manager that will allow you to effectively complete your job.
- Keep up to date on Schroders products and vehicles.
- General assistance to sales teams when issues arise pertaining to Intermediary clients.
- Respond promptly and professionally to requests from clients.
- Act as the central point of contact for all client issues and act as the liaison with internal teams (i.e., portfolio management, operations, marketing, etc.) to get the issue resolved.
- Bachelor's degree required
- 3 - 5 years' prior experience with institutional client service
- Series 7 and 63 licenses required (or ability to obtain within 6 months)
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (MS Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Strong team orientation
- Enthusiastic and client-oriented mentality
- Experience working with a broad array of asset classes preferred.
- Strong interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills, including email correspondence. Demonstrated ability to explain relatively complex concepts in a clear and concise manner.
- The role is prescribed within a well-established framework. However, the role holder is expected to play an active part in improving day-to-day procedures and how the work is to be tackled.
- Thorough and attentive to detail.
- Ability to multi-task and manage competing priorities while meeting deadlines.
- Excellent judgement and problem solving skills; escalate issues as appropriate.
- Experience with SalesForce.com and/or MMD preferred.
Schroder Investment Management North America Inc. complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. EEO/Affirmative Action
Schroder Investment Management North America Inc. is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, age, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, intellectual disability, mental disability or physical disability, including, but not limited to, blindness, or protected veteran status.