Insurance Solutions VP (Analytics)
Description About this role About BlackRock's Insurance Solutions Team:
The Global Insurance Solutions team, with the Financial Markets Advisory group, is a specialist, product agnostic investment strategy and structuring team, which focuses on insurance clients and serves the entire BlackRock platform. A key component of the team's role is the development of the modelling and analytical capabilities required to serve our clients. We combine this with our insurance and investment capabilities to address the challenges our insurance clients face.
The team engages client businesses and portfolio managers across the whole firm to build new and innovative market leading investment solutions, and position existing BlackRock products, appropriately for our insurance clients. Key Responsibilities:
Key Skills, Qualifications and Experiences:
- Lead complex enterprise level focused asset allocation or asset-liability management engagements, for a broad spectrum of asset classes, to help inform clients' optimal investment strategy and providing support for client advisory assignments
- Design appropriate investment and risk management frameworks, as well as lead the implementation of the associated analytics, utilizing insurance specific considerations, including but not limited to accounting, capital, liquidity, and liability product features
- Advance the technical implementation of BlackRock's industry leading stochastic projection models, in production environment, in relation to asset analytics, insurance asset liability management (ALM), as well as insurance specific capital and accounting considerations
- Design, develop, and maintain scalable investment risk and analytical platforms, as well as optimization tools, in production environment, for both internal and external advisory of insurance investment management strategies, in collaboration with model development resources from BlackRock's India team
- Develop a thorough knowledge of BlackRock's capabilities, products and services, and integrate this knowledge into analytical solutions for insurers
- Support the design, implementation, and validation of BlackRock's in-house economic scenario generator, as well as maintaining the quarterly calibration of the generator upon its completion, with the assistance of analytical resources from BlackRock's India team
- Excel in insurance regulatory, accounting and liability expertise to support all internal portfolio management and product strategy teams, as well as all distribution channels across the platform
- Provide analytics and marketing materials to support the asset management sales process
- Maintain strong relationships with internal partners in the BlackRock Investment Institute (economists), Financial Modelling Group (quantitative modelers), Financial Institutions Group (client relationship managers), and relevant investment teams to drive enhancements in analytical capabilities of relevance to insurers
- 7+ years of quantitative modelling and development experience within a financial services firm, with a focus on insurance companies a plus
- Comprehensive understanding of modern financial mathematics (e.g. bond mathematics, option pricing, hedging, stochastic processes, Monte Carlo simulation in real and risk neutral environment, interest-rate modelling) and portfolio construction analytics (e.g. mean-variance optimization with constraints) are essential
- Comprehensive understanding of insurers' portfolio construction considerations, including but not limited to ALM and asset allocation frameworks and the use of derivatives with an insurance focus, is also essential
- Practical experience of development in Python for production is essential, with C#/C++ highly desirable
- An understanding of the accounting, regulatory, risk management and strategic frameworks under which insurers operate, would also be highly desirable
- Practical experience with multi-threading algorithm design and implementation would be a major plus
- Experience with reinsurance structuring and knowledge of the different forms of reinsurance would also be a plus
- Undergraduate and / or advanced degrees in mathematics, engineering, computer science, and / or actuarial science would be preferred
- Professional designations such as CFA, FRM, CAIA, FSA, etc. would be viewed favorably, but not essential
- Excellent problem-solving abilities, intellectual curiosity, and experience understanding and solving complex issues
- High level of integrity enabling the candidate to become a trusted partner to clients and peers
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.