Insurance Solutions, Insurance Strategist, Associate
Description About this role
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of December 31, 2019, the firm managed approximately $7.32 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide.
The Global Insurance Solutions team, with the Financial Markets Advisory group, is a specialist, product agnostic investment strategy and structuring team, which focuses on insurance clients and serves the entire BlackRock platform. The team engages client businesses and portfolio managers across the whole firm to build new and innovative market leading investment solutions, and position existing BlackRock products, appropriately for our insurance clients.
are regional insurance investment experts who assess local needs and work with client and investment teams to design and deliver appropriate mandates to insurers. Responsibilities
Skills / Qualifications / Experiences:
- Supporting all internal portfolio management and product strategy teams, and all distribution channels across the platform, with insurance regulatory, accounting and liability expertise with a view to helping them position or design investment management products and services in a way that is appropriate for insurers
- Develop a thorough knowledge of BlackRock's capabilities, products and services, and integrate this knowledge into analytical solutions for insurers.
- Provide analytics and marketing materials to support the asset management sales process
- Assist in asset allocation or asset-liability management engagements, for a broad spectrum of asset classes, to help inform clients' optimal investment strategy and providing support for client advisory assignments
- Assist in designing appropriate investment and risk management frameworks, as well as help execute the implementation of the associated analytics, utilizing insurance specific considerations, including but not limited to accounting, capital, liquidity, and liability product features
- Maintain strong relationships with internal partners in the BlackRock Investment Institute (economists), Financial Modelling Group (quantitative modelers), Financial Institutions Group (client relationship managers), and relevant investment teams to drive holistic portfolio solutions for insurers to generate strong commercial outcomes.
- 3+ years of professional experience in insurance investment strategy or related disciplines
- Understanding of the accounting, regulatory, risk management and strategic frameworks under which insurers in the region operate
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Excellent problem-solving abilities, intellectual curiosity, and experience understanding and solving complex issues.
- High level of integrity enabling the candidate to become a trusted partner to clients and peers
- Professional designations such as CFA, FRM, CAIA, FSA, etc. would be viewed favorably, but not essential
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.