Institutional Director - West Region
This is an excellent opportunity for a sales professional with a demonstrated or early track record of success to help Schroders grow institutional AUM with middle market clients and prospects in the Western US. Reporting to the Head of the West Region, this salesperson will focus on contributing to revenue growth by developing relationships with current and prospective clients, as well as relevant field consultants in the Midwest & West territories. RESPONSIBILITIES
The successful candidate will work closely with sales leadership, consultant relations, marketing, and various investment teams to execute a strategic plan to attract and retain assets from a wide range of institutional investors (public, corporate, E&F, family office, etc). Through direct relationship-building, this person will develop a strong pipeline of new opportunities across investment strategies, converting those opportunities into new clients. He/she will be expected to grow Schroders' AUM by nurturing relationships with both current and prospective institutional investors prior to the initiation of search activity in order to maximize the chance of success. To accomplish these goals, he/she will be expected to:
- Understand markets and investment solutions at a level that allows you to be a valuable resource to the client, as well as respectfully challenge them when appropriate.
- Develop an understanding of investors' asset allocation framework and investment guidelines.
- Identify and prioritize opportunities across roughly 500 institutions with $1-4b AUM.
- Conduct 100+ high quality interactions with clients and their field consultants annually.
- Coordinate investor road shows, plan client events, and represent the firm at industry conferences.
- Grow and manage a strong and diverse pipeline.
- Travel to visit clients, prospects and attend industry events (25-50% of your time).
- Maintain a current and accurate record of all activity in Salesforce.
- Maintain all FINRA and other licensing, as determined by the firm's Compliance Department.
- Regularly update the Head of the West Region on activity and opportunities.
- Participate in periodic strategic budgeting and sales projection planning.
Strong candidates will already be in an external sales or relationship management role and understand how to manage a territory and pipeline. He/she should be articulate, possess a high level of intellect, strong communication skills, and be a consummate team player. The position calls for a professional who is disciplined and organized with a high level of energy. He/she will be entrepreneurial by nature, seeking out opportunities to bring in new sources of revenue, and be client-centric in their approach. Required
- Bachelor's degree
- 5-10 years of experience in the institutional market
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate complex financial products
- Successful track record of managing a territory and raising assets
- Excellent sales skills and in-depth market/product knowledge
- Ability to travel 25-50% of the time
- Contacts in the Midwest or West
- MBA or CFA (or progress toward either)
- Current Series 7 and 63 licenses
Schroder Investment Management North America Inc. complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. EEO/Affirmative Action
Schroder Investment Management North America Inc. is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, age, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, intellectual disability, mental disability or physical disability, including, but not limited to, blindness, or protected veteran status.