- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
Institutional Clients Group Loans & Cost of Credit FP&A Manager, SVP
Institutional Clients Group Loans & Cost of Credit FP&A Manager, SVP
- Primary Location: United States,New York,New York
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Finance
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: No
- Job ID: 19025640
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi's Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients' and the public's trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.
This role is an SVP in the ICG Loans & Cost of Credit FP&A team, with coverage of Treasury & Trade Solutions (TTS) lending, as well as scope across the entirety of ICG lending activities and affiliated cost of credit. The mandate of the team is to provide meaningful analytics on the ICG's lending revenues and associated balance sheet. The team will provide analytical support to the LFOs and businesses, which will assist in making strategic decisions and providing insight around revenue and balance sheet drivers.
This role supports the TTS LFO team and the respective business lending and capital management heads with respect to all aspects of the respective loan portfolio financials -- coordinating and conducting review and challenge of plan and outlook and other forward looking forecasts, reviewing and analyzing monthly actual results and quarterly trends, including analysis of loan volume drivers, net interest margins, cost of credit, etc. The role includes significant ad hoc analysis and contribution to business reviews (recent analyses include: portfolio optimization analysis to improve returns and manage liquidity; analyzing tradeoffs between holding and selling assets on net interest revenue, net income, capital and returns; coordinating with Accounting Policy, Risk, Controllers and other FP&A partners on the impact of implementing CECL in 2020; alignment of CCAR approaches across lending portfolios). The role includes involvement in team deliverables with respect to the overall ICG lending portfolio, including partnership with other teams within ICG P&A, support for the ICG CFO, and interaction with corporate partners (e.g. Corp P&A, Inv. Relations, etc.).
This role is replacing the role #18076971, FP&A Lead Analyst.
- Key point of contact for the TTS lending products (primarily TTS Trade, as well as TTS Cash products like overdrafts and other lending); the candidate will work with the LFO team, Business Management, Controllers, other teams in ICG FP&A, and others to understand and explain the revenues and balance sheet, provide transparency into results, and participate in coordination of annual business plans, global budget and reforecasts, outlooks, CCAR submissions, etc.
- Take an active role in the CCAR process for the TTS lending products, including overseeing offshore and regional FP&A teams in ensuring the proper setup in RUBY system, understanding and owning the model forecasts and relationship to drivers, ensuring business engagement and buy-in on results, and completion of documentation in line with Corporate and regulatory requirements
- Along with LFO team and regional partners, create forecasts for all forward-looking processes, including outlook, Plan, and Mid-Year Forecast. Ensure that numbers are properly reflected in financial systems for forecasts
- Analyze historical information for quarterly results in preparation for quarterly Flash meetings. Understand key performance drivers and ensure that story is properly reflected
- Contribute to effectively telling the story around the revenue, CoC and balance sheet performance in monthly business reviews (MBRs), Flash or Plan meetings with the ICG and Citigroup CFO, CCAR reviews across business and finance, etc.
- Opportunity to interact with senior management (within finance and the business), which requires excellent communication, presentation, and organizational skills
- Gain understanding of various financial systems used throughout Citi and respond to new systems and processes with a mind-set of keeping the team as flexible as possible; Ensure that processes and files (Excel, Power Point, etc.) are nimble enough to respond to change quickly; Additionally, constantly look for improvements in processes and opportunities for efficiencies.
- Directly manage team members locally and remotely, mentor team members across ICG P&A, and partner with other teams locally and across the globe; requiring ability to effectively communicate across all levels
- Demonstrated analytical skills including the ability to synthesize quantitative and qualitative data to draw conclusions and assist on decision making
- Proactive self-starter that operates with an "owner" mind-set
- Specialized knowledge of Balance Sheet modelling including knowledge of Citi's proprietary system.
- Finance Planning & Analysis (FP&A), Forecasting, Scenario Planning, P&L, and Balance Sheet analysis, Financial Modelling, Process Design & improvement.
- Well versed with the Citi policies & procedures, compliance measures, and other relevant risk & control measures necessary to support a global product group.
- Dynamic organization requires proactivity in ensuring targets are met and projects accomplished
- Strong communication and partnering skills
- Demonstrated strengths in building trusted relationships with management
- Strong interpersonal skills. Must have a balance of assertiveness and discretion to be a credible and sought-after resource
- Attention to detail / high levels of accuracy is crucial
- Excellent PC skills with ability to design and maintain financial models and to drive high quality financial presentations
- 10+ years of relevant finance/business experience in financial services environment
- Bachelor's degree required, MBA Preferred