Institutional Buy-Side Trader (Temporary)
As one of the world's largest independent financial advisory groups, we know that it takes a distinct perspective to make a meaningful difference to our clients' business and wealth.
Rothschild & Co is a global and family-controlled group. We provide M&A, strategy and financing advice, as well as investment and wealth management solutions to large institutions, families, individuals and governments, worldwide.
Having been at the centre of the world's financial markets for more than 200 years we can rely on an unrivalled global network of more than 3,800 talented employees and a track-record of outstanding execution with 50 offices around the world.
Our integrated global network of trusted professionals and decision makers around the world provide in-depth market intelligence, meaning we can be closer to current issues than any other global financial institution in our core markets.
It is this scale, local knowledge and intellectual capital that allow us to provide a distinct perspective and effective long-term solutions for our partners. Rothschild & Co
Rothschild & Co is one of the world's largest independent financial advisory groups. We offer a distinct perspective that makes a meaningful difference to our clients' business and wealth.
With a team of 3,400 talented financial services specialists on the ground in 50 countries across the world, we provide independent advice on M&A, strategy and financing, as well as investment and wealth management solutions to large institutions, families, individuals and governments. As a family-controlled business that has been at the centre of the world's financial markets for over 200 years, we can rely on an unrivalled network of specialists and are known for our track-record of outstanding execution in financial services. Rothschild & Co Asset Management
Rothschild & Co Asset Management division offers the independent long-term perspective in bespoke asset management solutions, designed around the needs of each and every client.
We are a global multi-specialist asset manager delivering bespoke investment management and advisory services to institutional clients, financial intermediaries, and third party distributors. Overview of Role
Rothschild & Co Asset Management is looking for a temporary Institutional Buy-Side Trader to work closely with the Head of Trading. Responsibilities
Education and Qualifications Experience, Skills and Competencies Required
- Ensure best execution on all institutional client trades
- Diligently monitor outstanding trade status and provide regular intraday updates to relevant portfolio managers
- Monitor market conditions/news to provide feedback to portfolio managers on order parameters and information that could affect stock prices
- Monitor and minimize trading costs in an appropriate manner
- Display and maintain technological competence in use of trade order management system (Charles River), Excel, and electronic trading systems
- Monitor restricted list to ensure trading compliance
- Maintain good working relationships with portfolio managers
- Maintain compliance with all policies and procedures
- The ideal candidate will likely have at least two years of relevant experience
- Understanding of equity markets and market structure
- Proficiency in electronic trading systems and Excel
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Team player with strong relationship building skills
Rothschild & Co North America is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Notice of applicant rights
Notice of applicant rights (Supplement)
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable
accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this career website.