The Institutional Associate will work with a team of Institutional Managers to manage and maintain client account records and information. It requires someone with the ability to take initiative and work proactively with the team to ensure we are working in the most efficient manner. The candidate must have the basic skill set required to develop into an Institutional Manager.
The incumbent is required to understand all aspects of the client's accounts, including but not limited to, legal, operations, compliance, and general investment product-related issues. The incumbent is part of a team of Institutional Managers that supports the client service efforts of the Institutional Directors. Responsibilities
Client Service Administration (100%)
- Responsible for servicing tier 3, pooled vehicle clients which includes day to day inquiries, troubleshooting and reporting. Attain a deeper understanding of the needs and requirements of Institutional clients.
- Manage the full cycle of the new account process for pooled vehicles. This includes, but is not limited to, understanding the complexities of the account, gathering and sending the necessary documentation, coordinating efforts internally to complete setup for these clients.
- Prepare and disseminate communications to our clients via Schroder's Communication system.
- Provide on going maintenance of CRM database, client distribution lists and other client informational spread sheets.
- Preparation of ad hoc reports required by clients and their consultants to be completed by stated deadline.
- Prepare and assist with monthly and quarterly reporting in a timely manner.
- Review and provide corrections of client invoicing that is prepared by Schroder's Finance Team.
- Manage account amendments requested by Client and/or Institutional Director. This includes preparation, processing, and circulation as stipulated by internal procedures.
- Manage account termination process by gathering necessary documentation and notifying all concerned parties.
- General assistance to the client service team to fulfill reporting requirements, manage client inquiries and client information.
- Develop technical skills and participate in local/global firm initiatives to streamline processes and functions vital to servicing clients.
- Follow the policies and procedures as defined by your manager that will allow you to effectively complete your job.
Preferred Qualifications ADA
- Bachelor's degree.
- Up to 2 years of experience in client service, operations, sales, or portfolio management support.
- Prior work experience in financial services preferred.
- Must possess good interpersonal skills and written skills. Ability to explain relatively complex concepts in a clear and concise manner to others within the organization.
- Responsible for planning own workload typically against a backdrop of changing priorities and/or external events for the coming quarter.
- FINRA Licenses: Series 7 and Series 66 (or ability to obtain within 12 months of hire)
Schroder Investment Management North America Inc. complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. EEO/Affirmative Action
Schroder Investment Management North America Inc. is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, age, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, intellectual disability, mental disability or physical disability, including, but not limited to, blindness, or protected veteran status.