Innovations - Senior Salesforce Engineer
Job Description: Senior Salesforce Engineer Employer:
Blackstone Firm Overview:
Blackstone is one of the world's leading investment firms. We seek to create positive economic impact and long-term value for our investors, the companies we invest in, and the communities in which we work. We do this by using extraordinary people and flexible capital to help companies solve problems. Our asset management businesses, with $554 billion in assets under management, include investment vehicles focused on private equity, real estate, public debt and equity, growth equity, opportunistic, non-investment grade credit, real assets and secondary funds, all on a global basis. Further information is available at www.blackstone.com . Follow Blackstone on Twitter @Blackstone . Business Unit:
Innovations Business Unit Overview:
Blackstone Innovations (BXi) is the technology team at the core of each of Blackstone's businesses and new growth initiatives. Serving both internal and external clients, we work to build the next generation of systems that manage risk, create efficiency and improve transparency within the firm and across our broad community of investors and portfolio companies.
BXi is nimble and entrepreneurial - our open, iterative design processes and rapid pace of development mean that everyone on the team has the opportunity to make an impact from day one. We are problem solvers who can take projects from idea to implementation. We believe in active mentoring and developing excellence. We collaborate to find the best answers for our customers and for Blackstone. We are critical to the firm maintaining its competitive edge. Job Title:
Senior Salesforce Engineer
Job Description: Blackstone is looking to hire a passionate technologist to join the Salesforce development team in Innovations, the firm's technology team. We use Salesforce to provide a competitive advantage to our investor reporting, investment management and private wealth solution teams, allowing Blackstone to be a more efficient investor and owner of assets. This individual will play a key role in Blackstone's use of Salesforce platform to impact investor relationship and investment management decisions. We work directly with senior management of various business and functional groups to deliver values for our end users.
As a senior engineer on this team, you'll architect, design, implement, and extend the Salesforce platform at one of the world's leading investment firms. The Salesforce platform at Blackstone involves heavy customization (both through code and configuration) and is heavily integrated with our core systems as well as with many third-party systems. You will not only work with other developers and quality assurance personals between different geographical locations but will also help us define and execute a technology strategy that is essential for us to scale our platform to support growing business needs.
As the senior engineer working on a platform that is critical for us to support our business, you will be able to make a significant impact from day one. You will work alongside business analysts, engagement leads, product managers, technology consulting partners and peer technology teams on unique challenges. The ideal candidate needs to be comfortable establishing new methods, iterating quickly, communicating effectively, and delivering.
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in a technical or scientific field, such as Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or similar
- 10+ years of total application development experience with at least 3+ years of Salesforce platform development experience
- Understanding of best practices on Salesforce specific coding standards, build & deployment tools
- Hands on development experience using Salesforce configuration and customization(s) including Apex, VF, triggers, controllers, scheduled and batch processes etc.,
- Designing and/or modifying new or existing data models to fit Salesforce's unique requirements
- At least 1 or more of the following experiences would be plus
- Migration of Salesforce classic features to Lightning experience, including converting VF pages to lightning components and / or using Lightning Design System with VF pages.
- Knowledge of modules such as Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, Marketing Cloud, Salesforce Communities and knowledge, Event monitoring etc.
- Ability to code with at least one object-oriented programming language
- Proven integration experience using integration techniques - REST/SOAP APIs, oAuth and Single Sign-On, Message queue etc.
- Experience working with large on-site & remote development teams
- Ability to engage with other engineers at the architecture and design level.
- Ability to mentor & influence others through active participation in business design reviews, technical design reviews & code reviews
- Knowledge of software development life cycle and DevOps Tools like GIT, Jenkins, JIRA etc.
- Cloud-oriented, comfortable with working in fast paced agile environments and great technical troubleshooting skills
- Creative problem-solving skills, especially in situations where "nobody has tried this before"; you thrive on the "art of the possible"
- Excellent technical documentation and writing skills: you know Markdown syntax cold, and have published API documentation or similar
- Rigorous editing and review skills; code, documentation, presentations - you know what excellence means
- You're not satisfied with "close enough" solutions, and you design long-term solutions that are flexible and adaptable
- You have a bias towards automation: "one-time scripts" eat away at your soul a little bit each time you see one in the wild
- Inspiring public speaking skills, in small and large settings, with audiences of various technical skills
- Collaborate with a team of developers, business analysts and quality assurance personals between different geographical locations
- Hands on coding and debugging problems as and when required
- Refine Salesforce technical architecture for Blackstone, incrementally improving it to deliver value across a broad set of initiatives
- Define and execute a technology strategy that is essential for us to scale our platform to support growing business needs
- Full-stack design, development, and support of Salesforce platform including any necessary integration with rest of Blackstone systems
- Increase development velocity by improving code quality and maturity of our development process(s)
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, national origin or any other category protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to complete your application, please contact Human Resources at 212-583-5000 (US), +44 (0)20 7451 4000 (EMEA) or +852 3656 8600 (APAC).
The Blackstone Group and its affiliates provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified employees and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, marital or partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic predisposition, veteran or military status, status as a victim of domestic violence, a sex offense or stalking, or any other classification prohibited by applicable law.
To submit your application please complete the form below. Fields marked with a red asterisk * are required in order to enter into a possible employment contract (although some can be answered " prefer not to say "). Failure to provide this information may compromise the follow-up of your application. When you have finished click Submit
at the bottom of this form.