Innovations - Senior Network Security Engineer
Job Description: Senior Network Security Engineer Employer:
Blackstone Firm Overview:
Blackstone is one of the world's leading investment firms. We seek to create positive economic impact and long-term value for our investors, the companies we invest in, and the communities in which we work. We do this by using extraordinary people and flexible capital to help companies solve problems. Our asset management businesses, with $512 billion in assets under management, include investment vehicles focused on private equity, real estate, public debt and equity, non-investment grade credit, real assets and secondary funds, all on a global basis. Further information is available at www.blackstone.com . Follow Blackstone on Twitter @Blackstone . Business Unit:
Innovations Business Unit Overview:
Blackstone Innovations (BXi) is the technology team at the core of each of Blackstone's businesses and new growth initiatives. Serving both internal and external clients, we work to build the next generation of systems that manage risk, create efficiency and improve transparency within the firm and across our broad community of investors and portfolio companies.
BXi is nimble and entrepreneurial - our open, iterative design processes and rapid pace of development mean that everyone on the team has the opportunity to make an impact from day one. We are problem solvers who can take projects from idea to implementation. We believe in active mentoring and developing excellence. We collaborate to find the best answers for our customers and for Blackstone. We are critical to the firm maintaining its competitive edge. CyberSecurity:
Blackstone has a dedicated team that works across the firm to properly balance security with convenience, believing that securing the firm requires a total team effort. Since CyberSecurity is 75% about people and process and 25% about technology, the team is dedicated to creating business value through security solutions. User training/awareness programs, development of governance models, transparent metrics, industry leading technologies and innovative approaches are part of Blackstone's world class information risk and security. Job Title:
Senior Network Security Engineer Job Description:
The Senior Security Engineer provides leadership and hands-on expertise for a diverse set of network security projects including but not limited firewall, web proxies, DDoS mitigation etc.
- Lead and support information security projects by researching, documenting, and assisting with the implementation of network security products like firewall, web proxies, DDoS mitigation solutions etc.
- Provide engineering and operational support for network security products and services (new deployments, hardware refresh/upgrades, migrations and feature implementation).
- Security policy administration on various network security products.
- Work closely with the architecture teams to evaluate the security readiness of new features and functionalities in network security products.
- Responsible for improving and implementing security hardening processes for overall infrastructure security, patch management and documentation.
- Mentor and guide other teams in the organization on network security best practices, security vulnerabilities and implementation/enforcement of the compensating controls.
- Minimum 5 years in a hands-on technical experience in implementing Network Security products like firewall, web proxies, DDoS mitigation solutions
- Strong understanding of security operations concepts such as perimeter defense, BYOD management, data loss protection, insider threat, kill-chain analysis, risk assessment and security metrics
- Strong understanding of network protocols
- Working knowledge of Information Security best practices
- Desire to learn new technologies, share best practices, and contribute to the broader shared knowledge of a global infrastructure and security team
- Ability to self-organize, prioritize activities independently, create documentation and reporting
- Ability to interface with business and technology stakeholders
- Ability to manage stakeholder expectations in the delivery of projects
- Enables creative solutions by stimulating ideas through discussion and collaboration
- Manages uncertainty well - able to assess and act with good enough but imperfect or incomplete information
- Strong written and oral communication skills with the ability to explain technical ideas to non-technical individuals at any level
- B.S. in Computer Science or Engineering or similar technical program
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, national origin or any other category protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to complete your application, please contact Human Resources at 212-583-5000 (US), +44 (0)20 7451 4000 (EMEA) or +852 3656 8600 (APAC).
The Blackstone Group and its affiliates provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified employees and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, marital or partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic predisposition, veteran or military status, status as a victim of domestic violence, a sex offense or stalking, or any other classification prohibited by applicable law.
To submit your application please complete the form below. Fields marked with a red asterisk * are required in order to enter into a possible employment contract (although some can be answered " prefer not to say "). Failure to provide this information may compromise the follow-up of your application. When you have finished click Submit
at the bottom of this form.