Innovations - Portfolio Cybersecurity Advisor
Job Description: Firm Overview:
Blackstone is one of the world's leading investment firms. We seek to create positive economic impact and long-term value for our investors, the companies we invest in, and the communities in which we work. We do this by using extraordinary people and flexible capital to help companies solve problems. Our asset management businesses, with $554 billion in assets under management, include investment vehicles focused on private equity, real estate, public debt and equity, growth equity, opportunistic, non-investment grade credit, real assets and secondary funds, all on a global basis. Further information is available at www.blackstone.com . Follow Blackstone on Twitter @Blackstone . Business Unit:
Innovations Business Description:
Blackstone Innovations (BXi) is the technology team at the core of each of Blackstone's businesses and new growth initiatives. Serving both internal and external clients, we work to build the next generation of systems that manage risk, create efficiency and improve transparency within the firm and across our broad community of investors and portfolio companies.
BXi is nimble and entrepreneurial - our open, iterative design processes and rapid pace of development means that everyone on the team has the opportunity to make an impact from day one. We are problem solvers who can take projects from idea to implementation. We believe in active mentoring and developing excellence. We collaborate to find the best answers for our customers and for Blackstone. We are critical to the firm maintaining its competitive edge. Job Title:
Innovations - Portfolio Cybersecurity Advisor Job Description:
The Portfolio Cybersecurity Advisor is an exciting opportunity to work at the intersection of cybersecurity and business. The role is designed to operate and continue to build a program that measures and advises on the security posture of Blackstone's global portfolio of companies. This role involves working in a small team and interfacing with security leaders, business executives, and a network of expert advisors. Our work is centralized in the NY office and is a mix of hands-on program operations and advisory responsibilities. This role requires exceptional communication skills in order to interact with a range of technical and non-technical stakeholders at all levels of the organization. Responsibilities:
- Survey, interview, and advise companies across all industries about cybersecurity
- Perform briefings about cybersecurity best practices to company leadership and technical teams
- Conduct cybersecurity maturity assessments using industry frameworks and existing tools
- Interface with third parties to drive ongoing cybersecurity initiatives across the portfolio
- Participate in incident response activities in an advisory capacity
- Compile reporting and maintain metrics across program functions
- Own and drive select program functions as assigned
Blackstone seeks to hire individuals who work well in a team-driven working group, are highly motivated, intelligent, have sound judgment and have demonstrated excellence in prior endeavors.
The successful candidate must have:
- B.S. in Computer Science, Cybersecurity, Engineering, or related technology field. M.S. a plus
- A minimum 5 years of experience performing a mix of hands-on and advisory cybersecurity work
- An ability to manipulate data within common tools such as Excel, and Tableau. Database and scripting/coding experience a plus
- Proven history of being a self-starter, ability to prioritize work, propose and implement improvements
- Highly effective communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Strong time management skills and entrepreneurial attitude
- A desire to work in a small team in a hands-on way
This role is based in our New York office and involves travel.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, national origin or any other category protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to complete your application, please contact Human Resources at 212-583-5000 (US), +44 (0)20 7451 4000 (EMEA) or +852 3656 8600 (APAC).
The Blackstone Group and its affiliates provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified employees and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, marital or partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic predisposition, veteran or military status, status as a victim of domestic violence, a sex offense or stalking, or any other classification prohibited by applicable law.
To submit your application please complete the form below. Fields marked with a red asterisk * are required in order to enter into a possible employment contract (although some can be answered " prefer not to say "). Failure to provide this information may compromise the follow-up of your application. When you have finished click Submit
at the bottom of this form.