Infrastructure Technology Communications Manager (Group Manager, Technical Writing)
TECHNOLOGY SERVICES GROUP (TSG)
is the central infrastructure services groupwith a proven track record of innovating to help BNY Mellon and its customershave most reliable, nimble and cost-effective solutions in the financialservices market place. BNY Mellon App Engine technology is leading edge withindustry first PasS/IaaS fully integrated solution, combined with enterprisestandards for developers. TSG
is building next generation scalable, efficient data center as a service usingthe latest innovation infrastructure. Building on top of the cloud deploymentsin BNY Mellon, we are aggressively automating and bridging the green fieldcloud with the existing virtual computing environments.
The TSGCommunication Team
partners with product owners, service owners and projectmanagers to develop communication and marketing plans to drive awareness of thetechnologies that TSG offers to all BNY Mellon employees. The purpose is toensure effective communication within TSG, as well as to our internal customersto "Tell the Story" of TSG by drafting, editing and publishing communicationsthrough various channels. Key responsibilities include:
GroupManager, Technical Writing
- Establish and drive overallcommunication and marketing strategy across TSG including governance,processes, and templates for all written and verbal communication channels.
- Collaboratewith internal product managers, subject matter experts, and other technologyservice stakeholders ranging across infrastructure and production supportfunctions to create written communications and marketing strategies.
- Design andpublish presentations by translating complex technical information intocomprehensible, marketable artifacts and visual graphics catered to variousstakeholders including internal clients, large-scale audiences, and seniorexecutive management.
- Coordinatethe refresh of re-occurring division-wide material (e.g. Town Halls,newsletters, business reviews and accomplishments).
- Increasebusiness engagement and awareness of available infrastructure technologyservices by creating and socializing business-targeted marketing material.
- Activelyalign individual product roadmaps to the larger TSG strategy and createmarketing material that supports the larger integrated vision.
- Participatein continuous improvements in existing communication and engagement processesand templates.
- Enlistinguser experience techniques, demonstrate and incorporate empathetic elementsinto documentation in a continual effort to improve and enhance the user'soverall experience.
->> Managesa medium to large-sized or multiple small teams of technical writersresponsible for developing written documentation, user guides, help screens andmarketing materials for technology-based products or services. Sets policiesfor the technical writing area. Manages technical writing area to ensureproducts are accurate, consistent, and completeness and they are deliveredwithin the specified project deadline. Reviews the most high profile documentsthat involve highly complex technical data. Ensures documents meet the needs ofuser and development areas. Works with user and development management tounderstand the goal, focus, and use of documents. Sets formal review processesto ensure documents meet the needs of the businesses. Sets goals and strategiesfor technical writing area. Determines technical writing policies andprocedures. Recruits, directs, motivates and develops staff, maximizing theirindividual contribution, their professional growth and their ability tofunction effectively with their colleagues as a team. Manages one or more teamsof technical writers. Contributes to the achievement of team objectives. Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in a related discipline or equivalent work experience is required.
- Ten or more (10+) years of experience with systems documentation is required.
- Experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills (both written and verbal).
- Proven ability to develop material for and comfortably interact with wide range of audiences including internal clients and senior management.
- Ability to identify opportunities for collaboration and synergy across products and projects.
- Strong technical understanding of foundational infrastructure technology services.
- Proven relationship management experience through development of effective internal and external working networks.
- Strategic and analytical thinking with the ability to oversee multiple projects, work in a fast-paced environment, and independently develop creative solutions to problems.
- Advanced Microsoft Office Suite skills, including PowerPoint presentations.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and possesses a team-player and positive attitude.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
- Understanding of the AP Style Guide.
- Experience with infographics (data analysis and data visualization).
- Experience with graphic design and/or storyboard creation.
- Familiarity with editing software such as Adobe Creative Suite Software.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums. Primary Location:
United States-New York-New York Internal Jobcode:
Information Technology Organization:
Technology Services Group-HR06725 Requisition Number: