Infrastructure Project Manager
The Infrastructure Project Manager is responsible for the successful delivery of IT projects. The PM will be accountable for developing detailed project plans and status reports as well as leading teams of infrastructure engineers, IT risk and security analysts, developers, and testers. The PM identifies and manages key milestones, timelines, deliverables, roadblocks and budget. The Project Manager supports the implementation process and ensures production readiness by coordinating all aspects of the business partnering with the infrastructure, application development, and production support teams. Requirements
Develop, maintain and evolve project / program budget, costs and schedules. Account for resource capacity, organizational change capacity, competing initiatives and project / program constraints.
Lead best practice improvement efforts in support of program and project management capability development.
• Utilize internal project management processes, methodologies, and tools to ensure projects / programs are delivered on time, within budget, adhere to high quality standards and meet customer expectations.
• Establish and champion recommended project requirements, design, and planning standards including delivery methodology such as Agile, Lean, etc. based on project needs.
• Work with project stakeholders to clearly define and manage expectations, objectives, assumptions, measurements, schedule, scope, requirements, risks, issues, changes, metrics & success criteria, communication, change control, and successful deployment. After deployment, work with project stakeholders to measure project results, ensure achievement of business outcomes, and successfully operationalize project deliverables.
• Manage project planning, progress, and close out meetings with project teams & stakeholders.
• Lead cross-functional teams to achieve business objectives with specified quality levels. Drive tough decision making, balancing business goals, technical implications and time to market.
• Manage partner / vendor outsourcing engagements and foster accountability for deliverables, timeline, and quality during program / project delivery.
• Anticipate, track and drive others to resolve blocking issues, make tradeoffs and manage escalations to meet committed delivery timelines.
• Actively communicate with project / program stakeholders. Ensure alignment, visibility and transparency into all aspects of assigned projects and programs.
• Prepare and communicate information for the appropriate audience level including presentations to senior management.
• Drive change and provide continuous feedback on how project / program teams can work more efficiently.
• 8+ years of experience managing full life-cycle technical projects or programs of an increasingly large and complex scale in a related industry.
• Bachelor's and/or Master's degree in computer science, engineering, or a related discipline or 4+ years equivalent work experience is required.
• Experience in creating and managing complex, cross-team project plans; prior success in driving execution of large-scale project plans with teams in multiple time zones.
• Experience managing infrastructure projects in distributed locations creating infrastructure and PaaS solutions with in-house and outsourced teams. Requires strong partner and vendor management skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication with multiple levels of leadership involving both business and technical teams.
• A solid grasp of the business side of technology with an understanding for metrics and analysis to deliver on business objectives.
• Demonstrated ability to deliver and be highly innovative in a related area: platform as a service, private / public / hybrid cloud, EDI, etc.
• Background in ITIL service management, with successful track record of implementing configuration, change and incident management solutions and supporting processes and best practices.