Point72 A Career with Point72's Technology Group:
Our Technology department employs 140+ people and delivers all technology solutions used within the firm. We are looking for extraordinarily bright, articulate and dedicated computer science or information systems professionals to join our team. If you want to join a world-class investment management organization that operates in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and rewards talent with recognition and increased responsibility, then this is the right opportunity. Our team seeks individuals that are highly proficient in their respective technology platform, articulate, solution driven, client focused and proactive in building their technology skills.
What you'll do:
- Innovation & Excellence: A successful team member has excellent broad technical and problem solving skills including the ability to innovate, drive change, and can quickly adapt to changing processes, priorities, languages, and ideas.
- Integrity: We uphold the highest standards of ethics and integrity. Our work is truthful, direct and unbiased. We protect sensitive and confidential information and exercise discretion in all aspects of our work.
- Courage: we are not afraid to fail. We accomplish difficult and high-stakes tasks in an environment with a high degree of uncertainty. We will sometimes be wrong, but we will always learn from our mistakes and improve.
- Curiosity: we always ask "why?" We don't accept the first answer or the easy answer; we strive for understanding. We do not report information; we provide insight and analysis by putting information into context. We solve puzzles even when we don't have all the pieces.
We are looking for someone who will lead a talented team of engineers who collectively demonstrate technical excellence, reliability in delivering mission critical infrastructure, and who continually ensure the highest levels of availability, optimization, and customer service. Qualified applicants will have a strong background in IT Infrastructure design, deployment, and project planning. The initial focus will be to establish infrastructure for Point72's Cubist quantitative business, with growth to cover more Business units. This person will have functional reports in the local region and will report to the Head of System Engineering.
What's required to succeed as a Technology Manager at Point72:
- Lead/manage technical resources and vendors
- Translate business requirements from individual Cubist teams into technology solutions that are scalable and can be centrally supported
- Engage with Point72 technology teams as required to provide solutions
- Be the local point of contact for Infrastructure
We take care of our people
- Communication and team lead skills to drive technology focused groups to successful outcomes
- Strong working knowledge of technology systems a must - Linux/Windows, virtualization, storage, networking, security.
- Must have relevant and current Linux hands-on skills
- Working knowledge of cloud technologies and principles
- Working knowledge of scripting and DevOps approaches, such as utilizing code/content management tools such as Chef/Ansible/Puppet.
- Strong verbal and written communication, both in a manner that contributes to a positive experience for all involved. Should be capable of presenting technical information to audiences of varying technical levels.
- Completes projects by coordinating resources and timetables across multiple teams.
- Earn trust of customer base through high touch experience and execution of projects and goals.
- Maintains organization's effectiveness and efficiency by defining and delivering strategic plans for implementing technologies and services based on customer need.
- Initiates, coordinates, and enforces systems, policies, and procedures.
- Recommends information technology strategies, policies, and procedures by evaluating customer reequipments and needs.
- Identifies problems.
We invest in our people, their careers, their health, and their well-being. We want you to concentrate on success and leave the rest to us. When you work here, we provide:
- Fully-paid health care benefits
- Generous parental and family leave policies
- Mental and physical wellness programs
- Tuition assistance
- A 401(k) savings program with an employer match and more
Point72 Asset Management is a global firm led by Steven Cohen that invests in multiple asset classes and strategies worldwide. Resting on more than a quarter-century of investing experience, we seek to be the industry's premier asset manager through delivering superior risk-adjusted returns, adhering to the highest ethical standards, and offering the greatest opportunities to the industry's brightest talent. We're inventing the future of finance by revolutionizing how we develop our people and how we use data to shape our thinking. For more information, visit www.Point72.com/working-here .
Point72 is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Point72 is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment. Point72 complies with applicable, local, state and federal laws on the subject of equal employment opportunity.