Are you interested in research coverage of the global infrastructure market, with focus in the Americas (or European and APAC) region? We are looking for someone like that to:
• analyze both policy positions and investment conditions for Infrastructure markets, primarily in the US but also other OECD countries in Americas region, with a primary focus on the Energy sector
• formulate strategic recommendations for Portfolio Management consideration
• develop an annual strategic position (house view) for group discussion and document the resulting opinion
• present strategic position internally and, together with business development colleagues, to clients
• provide insight and implications on expected policy change
• provide research input to the due diligence and investment process
• support the transactions team with independent data regarding relevant investment estimates and policy impact
• work closely with fund managers by analyzing government and corporate data sources related to infrastructure investment and performance.
• develop thematic research topics relevant to the industry and publish short articles for distribution to clients and web posting
• participate in Infrastructure industry events with active membership, including committee participation, presentations and written reports
You'll be working with the Real Estate and Private Markets Research & Strategy Group in New York, New York, reporting to the Head of Real Estate and Private Markets - Research & Strategy and will directly support our US Infrastructure group which makes direct equity investments into Infrastructure assets. The objective is to offer strategic insight to all sectors of infrastructure, with particular focus on the Energy Sector (e.g. conventional power generation, transmission, renewable energy, storage, midstream).
Your experience and skills
• college degree in Economics / Public Policy / Business; graduate work and professional certifications are desirable
• 5 to 10 years of experience in an investment research related position
• experience in the Energy Sector of Infrastructure; knowledge of the traditional, sustainable and renewable areas of the sector
• excellent data management skills with mastery of MS Office products and proficiency in other analytical tools
• strong presentation skills – both spoken and written
• English (Excellent in both speaking and writing) is required; other language skills are considered a positive
What we offer
Together. That's how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Take the next step
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.