- Not Specified
- New York, NY, USA New York NY US
- Permanent, Full time
- 22 Apr 18 2018-04-22
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of December 31, 2017, the firm managed approximately $6.288 trillion in assets on behalf of investors
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of December 31, 2017, the firm managed approximately $6.288 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
BlackRock Real Assets Platform Services – Sustainable Investing Team
BlackRock Real Assets, part of the BlackRock’s Alternatives platform, manages over $40 billion in private and public real estate and infrastructure equity and debt in the U.S., Europe and Asia-Pacific. Demand for products and solutions that incorporate sustainability objectives including environmental, social and governance (‘ESG’) factors has grown in scope and scale across our asset classes and investment styles. A sustainable investing approach is critical to Real Asset investing given the long duration and physical nature of investments coupled with their direct exposure to the risks and opportunities posed by global challenges, such as climate change, resource constraints and population growth. The BlackRock Real Assets Sustainable Investing Team works across the Real Assets platform and is responsible for ensuring sustainable and ESG investing themes are embedded across investments, portfolio management, product development, reporting and communications.
We are seeking an Associate to join the Real Assets Sustainable Investing team to support the implementation of the Group’s Sustainable Investing Strategy. The role will work closely with all of our global real estate and infrastructure teams including portfolio managers and assets managers.
Within this role you will:
- Support the development, implementation and management of the Real Assets Sustainable Investing Strategy.
- Support the Real Assets Sustainable Investing Team in fully integrating sustainability and ESG considerations into all of our global investment and asset management processes.
- Oversee the management and submission of our investment portfolios into relevant sustainability benchmarking activities, including our annual submissions into the Global Real Estate Sustainability Benchmark (GRESB).
- Lead on the collation, management and analysis of environmental and sustainability performance data across our global real assets portfolios, and work with the wider Real Assets Sustainable Investing Team to establish asset-level and portfolio-level sustainability performance targets.
- Liaise with asset managers, property managers and external advisors to drive environmental performance improvements and operational efficiencies across our global assets.
- Assist with the collation of information and data to ensure compliance with relevant legislation and regulatory requirements, such as the Carbon Reduction Commitment Energy Efficiency Scheme and Minimum Energy Efficiency Standards in the UK.
- Contribute to the development of sustainability guidance, checklists and acquisition procedures to continue the integration of ESG considerations throughout our investment and asset management processes.
- Contribute to sustainability reporting and communications across the Real Assets business, the wider BlackRock business, and to clients and other key stakeholders.
- Conduct fundamental research to help drive future sustainable investing strategies, including sustainable real assets, ESG integration, climate change legislation and reporting, Impact Investing and other key sustainability themes.
- Liaise with other BlackRock investment teams and corporate functions, including BlackRock Sustainable Investing and BlackRock Investment Stewardship.
Skills, Experience and Education:
- Relevant degree and/or significant and relevant industry experience.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ industry experience within the environmental and sustainability management sector.
- Experience within the infrastructure and/or real estate sector would be desirable.
- Experience with Green Building Certifications, such as LEED, BREEAM and WELL would also be desirable.
- Understanding of current, and forthcoming, environmental, climate change and energy management legislation and best practice.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and demonstrable attention to detail.
- Excellent numerical ability, data management and analytical skills.
- Excellent IT skills, including a working knowledge of Excel.
- Self-motivated, with strong integrity and ethics and a high degree of professionalism.
- Effective team player and ability to work with people of all levels
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.