Information Technology Risk Associate
At the Federal Reserve Bank of New York, the work we do is consequential and challenging. Our environment encourages growth and diversity. Our employees flourish in a team-oriented atmosphere and are dedicated to the important mission of the New York Fed
The Financial Services Group is responsible for providing banking services to the U.S. government, banks and other financial institutions. Wholesale Product Office is one of 2 primary business in the Financial Services Group.
The Wholesale Product Office (WPO) operates a critical financial services business on behalf of the Federal Reserve System (FRS). The WPO is responsible for the management, operation, support and development of wholesale services (Fedwire Funds Service, Fedwire Securities Service and National Settlement Service), which includes developing new services, service enhancements, and pricing models, and ensuring the technology used to deliver the wholesale services is secure, resilient, and satisfies business requirements.
Wholesale services are systemically important financial market infrastructures (FMIs) and are central in supporting settlement for other systemically important private-sector FMIs. Further, as a central bank-operated business, wholesale services faces unique challenges akin to a private-sector business but overlaid with a financial stability mission and an evolving supervisory landscape for systemically important FMIs. The WPO carries out its mission through a team operated out of the Federal Reserve Bank of New York (FRBNY) and a network of critical Reserve Bank service providers. Your role as an Information Technology Risk Associate:
The Information Technology Risk Associate is a role on the Financial Services Group Shared Services Risk Analytics and Governance Team, a team that is responsible for operational and technology risk management for Wholesale Product Office. The Information Technology Risk Associate role has a predominant focus on technology-related projects critical to the foundation and delivery of services to customers. The role provides an opportunity to become involved in the entire lifecycle - from concept through implementation - of critical information security and cyber resiliency initiatives and to make an impactful contribution to the risk management of projects in support of a systemically-important business operated on behalf of the Federal Reserve System. The selected candidate will:
Qualifications: What we are looking for:
- Identify, evaluate and monitor IT risks across the project life cycle through collaboration with wholesale service’s stakeholders and service delivery organizations to ensure project and operational risks are appropriately assessed and addressed
- Assess the adequacy of existing controls and recommend mitigating controls for the identified risks
- Provide effective challenge on project and operational decisions that exceed the business tolerable limits or expose business to greater risks, independently leading sessions with management and staff as required
- Provide subject matter expertise in the areas of information security, cyber security, business resiliency and IT project risk management and develop related risk analysis for management
- Provide written and verbal recommendations to management for managing risk, implementing mitigation plans, and improving processes and practices
- Maintain an understanding of relevant regulations and share current knowledge of emerging threats and vulnerabilities and technology risk management practices and tools.
Screening Requirement This position has additional screening requirements due to the information accessed while performing the job. These additional screenings would be initiated at the time of offer acceptance. The screening is in areas such as education/employment verification, criminal history, credit history, and outreach to personal and professional references that you have provided during the pre-employment process. The Federal Reserve Bank of New York is committed to a diverse workforce and to providing equal employment opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, disability, or military service. Why the Fed:
- Bachelor’s degree and 6 to 10 years of work experience in a risk, audit, technology or information security-related role;
- Demonstrated knowledge of information security/cyber security, technology risk management and critical security controls (e.g., data protection, penetration testing, access management);
- Ability to evaluate information security and resiliency programs and key controls and provide risk opinions and analysis on initiatives to address identification, protection, detection, response and recovery from business disruptions;
- Ability to translate complex technical issues into business implications for technical and business leadership;
- Experience with auditing or managing security risks using industry standard frameworks (e.g. NIST, SANS);
- Relevant risk management /audit certifications focused on information security (e.g., CISA, CISSP) preferred.
- Excellent organizational and self-management skills evidenced by an ability to take initiative and ownership of an assignment;
- Strong critical thinking, written and verbal communication skills;
- Excellent diplomatic and interpersonal skills, including the ability to interact effectively with all levels of staff and management
Working at the Federal Reserve Bank of New York positions you at the center of the financial world with a unique perspective on national and international markets and economies. You'll work in an environment with a diverse group of talented professionals to foster and support the safety, soundness, and vitality of our economic and financial systems. It's a challenge that demands the skills of a financial services professional and the intellectual curiosity of an academic—all combined with a passion for public service.
The Federal Reserve Bank of New York is committed to a work environment that respects and fully values the strengths and differences of its people. Working at the New York Fed provides talented professionals the chance to grow their skills at an institution that has served a critical role in the financial system of the United States and the world for over a century. An important component of the Bank’s diversity effort is our partnership with several professional non-profit organizations, including INROADS, JumpStart Advisory Group, NBDC Emerging Leaders, Seizing Every Opportunity, National Black MBA, Out for Undergrad, Prospanica and Reaching Out MBA.