Information Architect & Ontologist
JobDescription : Data Architect & Ontologist
The mission of the Data Architect is to create knowledge graphs and linked metadata schemes for interconnected data, topical/indexed query, search and asset discovery. This important role will help lead the Digital Transformation efforts as S&P Global digitizes its products and transforms into a technology enabled data company.
- The architect will work with Data Engineers, Product teams and other business stakeholders in modeling the complex Energy Commodity space. This individual will also help drive our linked data and data mining strategy, both internally and externally, in order to improve the search and semantic enrichment of S&P Global data products.
- Develop and implement ontologies, data architecture and data management techniques in consultation with stakeholders .
- Contribute to data integration and mapping efforts to harmonize taxonomy from multiple domains and incorporate metadata into topical, named entity, and geographic ontologies.
- Analyze and implement knowledge organization strategies using tools capable of metadata management, ontology management, and semantic enrichment
- Keep abreast of competitor and industry developments related to ontology use, knowledge organization
- Understand document and graph database principals for maintaining object attributes and relationships. Identify implementation strategies for effectively and efficiently searching/querying data.
- Influence and participate with governance bodies to standardize data models.
- Research and provide solutions for complex problems.
- Work through a variety of technical challenges that will require creativity and close collaboration across internal teams, customers, and stakeholders.
- Able to multitask and know where to add business value, and when to delegate, guide or take ownership.
- Mentoring junior developers.
- Take smart risks and champion new ideas. Qualifications:
- Bachelor s degree in Computer Science / Information Systems or related discipline. Masters in Information Design or Architecture preferred.
- 9+ years Information architecture experience with at least 3+ years in advanced data management/metadata technologies
- Must have 5+ years Data Architecture experience leading complex, enterprise-class, and multi-system integration environments. Must have in-depth understanding and hands-on experience with designing and developing enterprise-class application system architectures
- 5+ years working knowledge of database and MDM, warehousing architecture, techniques, design patterns and strategy
- Experience with ontology development
- Experience with Semantic Web Technologies (RDF, RDFS, OWL, SPARQL)
-Experience with Property Graph Models and Languages(Cypher, Gremlin, etc).
- Strong understanding of system development life cycle; software project management approaches; and requirements, design and test techniques
- Strong application of data modeling and database design; sound in all phases of data modeling from conceptualization to database optimization