Index Solutions Specialist
What's the role:
Index Solutions Specialists are responsible for developing and maintaining indices including the setup of new custom indices with product, sales and clients and all manual rebalancing tasks! They collaborate closely with Product, Sales, Research and clients to design and implement custom index requests within our platforms and work with Engineering and Operations on implementation and back-testing. They are expected to innovate in all aspects of index creation and rebalances, data quality controls and technical operational implementation in order to both service clients' needs and to minimize the operational, data, technology, and other internal risks in the maintenance and support of our index products. We'll trust you to:
You'll need to have:
- Collaborate with clients on custom index requests and develop custom index solutions, interpret sophisticated index methodologies while building and running financial models to back-test indices during their development
- Create and maintain the integrity of indices within the capabilities of our systems in accordance with Bloomberg's methodologies and regulatory constraints
- Ensure the accurate application of index rules, quality control, data, and risk remediation
- Handle the escalation of governance issues related to indices
- Perform periodic manual index rebalance evaluations, including analysis of membership inclusions and omissions
- Manage and de-risking manual re-balances through proper documentation and double-entry -rebalancing procedures
- Working with Engineering and Product to inventory, resource, and automate manual rebalance efforts, balancing the risk versus the effort to prioritize the automation pipeline
We'd love to see:
- Deep domain expertise of index platforms and products, as well as the institutional asset management industry, index trends and the evolving needs of index customers
- Deep subject matter expertise in multiple index asset classes, related data, platform capabilities and indices including global fixed income, global equities, commodities, currency, convertibles, etc.
- Bachelor's Degree preferably in Economics and/or Finance
- Proven project management experience
- Ability to collaborate with a cross-functional team in a fast-paced environment
- High degree of demonstrated decision-making and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Customer focused approach
- Legal authorization to work full-time in the United States and will not require visa sponsorship now or in the future
Does this sound like you?
- Advanced degree in Economics, Finance, and/or Financial Engineering
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.