Index Operations Product Manager
Bloomberg is a leading provider of financial benchmarks and custom index services. This includes investment and market analysis of both alpha and beta sources, portfolio benchmarking and performance measurement, asset allocation, and the creation of index tracking funds and index-based structured products.
Our beta/benchmark platform, Bloomberg Index Services Ltd (BISL) is the leading provider of fixed income, inflation-linked, and swaps indices offering unmatched market coverage and a full suite of customized client solutions for benchmarking and informational needs. The BISL platform also includes a diverse family of alpha generating strategy indices that offer quick and easy access to outperformance sources and a quantitative way to express investment strategies, in markets that would otherwise be difficult to access. Index products are available across multiple asset classes including equities, fixed income, FX, commodities, derivatives, and alternative investments.
As an Index Operations Product Manager, you will join a global team responsible for the daily processing, data quality and publishing of the BISL Indices. This position is located in New York and involves interfacing across multiple groups globally. We'll trust you to:
- Manage business impacting projects with thorough oversight throughout entire execution to ensure successful implementation
- Develop detailed project plans outlining goals and objectives, scope, requirements, success criteria, timelines, test and release plans
- Communicate proactively project progress, risks, and challenges and level-set expectations to project resources and stakeholders
- Set and communicate a powerful product vision, creating a compelling roadmap, and achieving buy-in from all stakeholders
- Coordinate and lead discussions providing direction on priorities aligned with strategic business objectives
- Evolve project management framework to improve future planning and execution across multiple stakeholder teams
You'll need to have:
We'd love to see:
- 10+ years of relevant experience managing projects with proven track record of successful deliveries
- Extensive leadership skills and the ability to manage cross-functional resources and overcome obstacles to drive execution
- Experience with Jira or other project management tools
- Strong organizational, project, operational, process management skills
- Desire and ability to understand and learn the Benchmark and Strategy Index businesses, and their role within the capital markets
- Willingness to drive the build of complex business and technology processes and actively contribute to their evolution
- Self-motivation, with the ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Ability to interact and effectively communicate and collaborate with stakeholders to achieve results
- Excellent presentation skills, strong attention to detail and high degree of demonstrated decision-making and problem solving skills
- Expertise and industry experience in at least one index asset class such as Fixed Income, Equities, Commodities, FX, Converts, Rates or Derivatives
- Bachelor's Degree or higher preferably in Computer Science, Economics, and/or Finance
- Legal authorization to work in the US without visa sponsorship now and in the future.
Does this sound like you?
- Technology and Data Science skills on Qlik Sense, SQL, Python would be desirable
- Eagerness to work in a challenging, complex, fast-paced, high-pressure environment
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.