Index Governance - Derivatives
Index Governance - Derivatives Grade Level:
13 The Location:
New York The Team:
Index Governance (IG) oversees a variety of analytical committees that form the backbone of S&P DJI's governance structure. IG is responsible for index methodologies and index committee oversight including membership, structure, analytical rigor, culture, and adherence to policies. IG Index Intelligence is a group of senior analytical professionals who serve as resources to index committees by working closely with committee chairpersons and others to enhance analytical aspects of index oversight. The Impact:
Indexing that employs listed and/or synthetic derivatives is on the rise as clients and stakeholders increasingly seek multi-asset index solutions with capital protection, risk premia harvesting, and outcome-focused characteristics within an index structure. The Derivatives Specialist will play a central role in assuring that indices using derivatives are analytically sound, properly documented, and continue to meet their objectives through time. What's in it for you:
- The Index Governance - Derivatives role is a global, high-profile position collaborating with index committees and governance colleagues, as well as operational, commercial, and research groups.
- The Index Governance - Derivatives role will be a resident authority on derivatives and a valuable resource to analytical committees across underlying asset classes.
- This person will be a voting member on relevant internal analytical committees and represent S&P DJI through cross-divisional outreach and networking.
- They will participate in relevant industry events and collaborate with external experts, bringing their perspectives to index committees and arranging meetings and/or training for index committee members.
- Lead analytical oversight of derivatives indices by being accountable for major index consultations and methodology revisions.
- Ownership of derivatives index reporting for index committee consumption.
- Oversee and direct reviews of new derivatives index methodologies, coordinating with other stakeholders to resolve questions and issues, and challenging the design group when appropriate before launch.
- Be a principal resource for index committees by interpreting derivatives concepts, reviewing derivatives math and index calculations, leading committee discussions, challenging rebalance results, checking relevant index calculation source code, and identifying ways to enhance oversight.
- Remain informed of external developments, including regulatory and policy changes, in the listed and unlisted derivatives landscape.
- Conduct index committee briefings regarding potential impacts of external events to index methodologies and governance of indices.
- Collaborate and maintain relationships with cross-functional groups involved in the development, oversight, and management of the derivatives indices lineup.
- Undergraduate degree including coursework in mathematics, statistics, or engineering, as well as some finance or economics.
- Five to seven years of hands-on experience with, and strong intellectual grasp of, derivatives math and applications.
- Strong analytical, research and investigative skills, ability to evaluate and assess complex topics and creatively problem-solve.
- Programming skills including Python.
- Demonstrated understanding of indices, derivatives, and their use in financial products.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to coordinate work done by multiple people and/or groups. Strong attention to detail and work ethic.
- Ability to assume leadership role in coordination with the various groups involved in the development, launch and maintenance of S&P DJI's derivatives indices.
About S&P Dow Jones Indices
- Graduate degree in a quantitative discipline or Financial Engineering.
- Strong grasp of structured products, OTC derivatives, exchange traded notes, and strategies employing cash markets with derivatives overlays.
- CFA Charterholder or progress toward CFA Charter.
At S&P Dow Jones Indices, our role can be described in one word: essential. We're the largest global resource for index-based concepts, data and research, and home to iconic financial market indicators, such as the S&P 500® and the Dow Jones Industrial Average®. More assets are invested in products based upon our indices than any other index provider in the world; with over 1,000,000 indices, S&P Dow Jones Indices defines the way people measure and trade the markets. We provide essential intelligence that helps investors identify and capitalize on global opportunities. To all recruitment agencies
: S&P Global does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward such resumes to any S&P Global employee, office location or website. S&P Global will not be responsible for any fees related to such resumes. S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com
and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), RESECH202.2 - Middle Professional Tier II (EEO Job Group), SWP Priority - Ratings - (Strategic Workforce Planning) Job ID:
262768 Posted On:
New York, New York, United States