Index Content Pricing Specialist
What's the role:
Index Pricing Content Specialists are responsible for daily quality control, coverage, and timeliness of critical portions of index input data such as contributed pricing and/or index content relating to Pricing. We leverage our experience and technical skills to play a key role in innovation across the index business. We do so by generating and stewarding premium index content and configuring workflow solutions to optimize internal operations and continuously improve the quality of our pricing sets. The Bloomberg/Barclays index family has over 150,000 bond prices which are quality controlled daily by this team! We use our subject matter expertise to develop workflows and data quality tools to curate and operate quality control processes across index datasets on a daily basis.
We are responsible for the overall quality, coverage and timeliness of index pricing data, contributed pricing and index content. We possess deep specific asset class and index expertise that we have gained from the industry!
We have an intimate understanding of how the pricing input data is used by the index and our clients. We understand the impact data errors have on the index and how it affects index clients and consumers as a whole. We use this knowledge to help set and direct the content acquisition, data quality processes and procedures and/or management strategy for our asset class. We'll trust you to:
You'll need to have:
- Perform quality control on over 150,000 pricing, inputs, and data changes to the indices daily
- Serve as a subject matter expert for the index dataset for all product and client inquiries
- Drive membership, performance, and risk of over 100,000+ indices
- Communicate and monitor risks of the index
Does this sound like you?
- An understanding and knowledge of pricing various asset classes but specifically securitized instruments, municipal securities, government and corporate securities
- At least five years of deep subject matter experience that may have been acquired at a bank, broker, exchange, or another data vendor or pricing provider
- At least a Bachelor's Degree preferable in Economics and/or Finance
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and high degree of demonstrated decision-making and problem solving skills
- A customer focused approach
- Ability to work under pressure and under tight deadlines
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.