Index Committee Operations Specialist
Committee Operations Specialist Grade:
9 ( relevant for internal applicants only ) The Location:
New York, New York The Team:
S&P DJI Index Governance, which oversees over 50 index committees. The Impact:
Become a key resource to S&P DJI Index Committees. Each committee meets regularly in the course of carrying out its duties. Meeting agendas, notes, and follow up tasks must be carefully documented and planned. Work closely with the Index Committee Management team under the guidance of a senior Index Committee Chairperson. The person in this role will provide consistent high quality administration to enhance the effectiveness of index committee meetings. This person will also support our index methodology processes by working collaboratively with an Index Committee Chairperson and the Index Governance Internal Control Group. What's in it for you:
Compensation/Benefits Information (US Applicants Only):
- You will collaborate across teams to identify and deliver robust administration for the benefit of the S&P DJI Index Governance framework.
- In addition, you will use your organizational and proactive task management skills to support planning and follow up of key work related to index committee decisions and actions.
S&P Global states that the anticipated base salary range for this position is $46,200 to $129,200. Base salary ranges may vary by geographic location.
In addition to base compensation, this role is eligible for an annual incentive bonus.
This role is eligible to receive additional S&P Global benefits. For more information on the benefits we provide to our employees, visit https://www.spgbenefitessentials.com/newhires . Responsibilities:
What We're Looking For: Basic Qualifications:
- Serve assigned index committees by working with respective Index Committee Chairperson(s) to plan meeting agendas, take consistent meeting minutes and notes, and assign follow up tasks to committee members.
- Coordinate agendas between analysts and committee chairs.
- Assist in compiling consultation results.
- Under the guidance of respective Index Committee Chairperson(s) and collaborating with the Internal Control Group, support global methodology editorial standards and processes.
- Design guidelines for Committee meeting minutes & notes process, write business procedures & training materials.
- Use discretion and judgement to maintain Committee confidentiality
- Provide Operations support for a range of activities within our regulated Policy & Governance team.
- Undergraduate degree
- Strong organizational and writing skills
- Proactive task management abilities
- Ability to multi-task and maintain attention to detail
- Proven ability to apply discretion and maintain confidentiality on a day to day basis
- 2-3 years of professional experience related to financial markets
- Ability to assume responsibility, collaborate across teams, utilize virtual meeting applications, and manage multiple projects
- Basic understanding of global financial markets
- General knowledge of operations principles and theories
About S&P Dow Jones Indices
- Basic understanding of the primary use cases for financial benchmarks
- Some university work in economics or finance
At S&P Dow Jones Indices, our role can be described in one word: essential. We're the largest global resource for index-based concepts, data and research, and home to iconic financial market indicators, such as the S&P 500® and the Dow Jones Industrial Average®. More assets are invested in products based upon our indices than any other index provider in the world; with over 1,000,000 indices, S&P Dow Jones Indices defines the way people measure and trade the markets. We provide essential intelligence that helps investors identify and capitalize on global opportunities.
S&P Dow Jones Indices is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spdji.com .
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, sex, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com
and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), OPRTON202.1 - Middle Professional Tier I (EEO Job Group) Job ID:
259422 Posted On:
New York, New York, United States