Index Calculation and Distribution Specialist
S&P Dow Jones Indices The Role:
Index Calculation and Distribution Specialist (ICAD Specialist), Americas Index Calculation and Distribution The Location:
Virtual employment initially. Longer term expectation is to work out of our San Francisco office. The Level:
10 (Internal Purposes) The Team:
The Index Calculation and Distribution Team within the Global Index Management & Production Group. The Impact:
The team is looking for an ICAD Specialist to support the Index Management & Production Group (IMPG) in the Americas region. The ICAD Specialist performs a crucial operational function within IMPG and is ultimately responsible for supporting the day-to-day maintenance of a wide range of S&P Dow Jones (S&P DJI) branded equity indices, with a particular focus on daily operational processes and validations. What is in it for you?
As an ICAD Specialist, your work will focus on supporting the day-to-day production of various equity indices. The ICAD Specialist must be able to solve non-routine problems on an on-going basis in a timely manner. They will be responsible for running various Quality Assurance (QA) validations for Global indices, as well as the timely production of end-of-day index values for both spreadsheet based and system-calculated indices, and their dissemination to clients. The ICAD Specialist monitors the real-time calculation and distribution of indices. Compensation/Benefits Information (US Applicants Only):
S&P Global states that the anticipated base salary range for this position is $61,500 to $127,700. Base salary ranges may vary by geographic location.
In addition to base compensation, this role is eligible for an annual incentive plan. This role is eligible to receive additional S&P Global benefits. For more information on the benefits we provide to our employees, visit https://www.spgbenefitessentials.com/newhires . Responsibilities:
What we are looking for:
- Calculate S&P DJI branded indices on a daily basis, ensuring timely and accurate delivery of real-time and end-of-day index data to clients and end users.
- Run various QA validations to ensure accuracy and integrity of the index values distributed to clients.
- Monitor real-time calculation and distribution of indices for the Americas region.
- Monitor various underlying component indices used in multi-asset methodologies for any updated values and recalculate where necessary, escalating to the respective committee where dictated by S&P DJI policy.
- Become a subject matter expert with regards to real-time calculation and proprietary calculation platform.
- Work in close coordination with the technology and production support groups in order to further automate, enhance our system capabilities and troubleshoot production issues.
- Must be able to manage multiple projects and deadlines including requirement gathering, analytical thinking, compilation of data, and documentation.
- Manage and maintain key relationships with other groups within the department and across other departments, particularly Product Management, Client Coverage, Index Services and IT Support.
About S&P Dow Jones Indices
- Bachelor degree or equivalent in Business, Mathematics, Economics, IT, or Finance preferred.
- Minimum of 2+ years of professional experience in a financial services or analytics role (at an index provider would be beneficial).
- Strong understanding of financial markets, asset classes and company fundamentals.
- Must be able to demonstrate excellent analytical and quantitative capabilities to solve original, non-routine problems in a timely and insightful manner.
- Must be able to understand complex spreadsheet models and calculation algorithms.
- Strong working knowledge of analytical applications such as Excel and Access, and various data vendor tools including Reuters, FactSet and CapitalIQ is a plus.
- Strong experience in Python and VBA would be beneficial, preferably coding/automating spreadsheet models.
- Must be able to work independently on multiple projects and coordinate with multiple people or working groups.
- Requires excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to coordinate work done by multiple people and/or groups.
At S&P Dow Jones Indices, our role can be described in one word: essential. We're the largest global resource for index-based concepts, data and research, and home to iconic financial market indicators, such as the S&P 500® and the Dow Jones Industrial Average®. More assets are invested in products based upon our indices than any other index provider in the world; with over 1,000,000 indices, S&P Dow Jones Indices defines the way people measure and trade the markets. We provide essential intelligence that helps investors identify and capitalize on global opportunities.
S&P Dow Jones Indices is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spdji.com .
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com
and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person. US Candidates Only:
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), OPRTON202.1 - Middle Professional Tier I (EEO Job Group) Job ID:
262864 Posted On:
San Francisco, California, United States