Implementation Specialist - Connectivity and Integration Solutions
- Competitive Rate
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 10 Dec 17 2017-12-10
Financial firms rely on dozens of critical systems to develop and execute strategies, evaluate risk, track P&L, lead sales and trading, and handle settlement. The constant challenge is the complexity of integrating these systems so that data moves correctly across the enterprise, at higher speeds and lower costs. Building solutions in-house can take a large team and a larger investment. Integrators and consultants may not understand a firm’s business model or data. That’s where we come in.
Here at Bloomberg Connectivity and Integration Services (CIS), we help firms run that complexity. Providing common tools, services and expertise, we enable firms to simplify technology relationships, which ultimately drive lower total cost of ownership, faster time to market and improved transparency. With our track record in delivering hosted solutions and our understanding of our customers’ needs, we believe we are uniquely positions to help clients with this challenge.
What’s the role?
As an Implementation Representative supporting our growing business you will be responsible for technical integration between our clients and Bloomberg's premier applications. Integrations often involve crafting and deploying solutions for clients utilizing XML/FIX messaging between their systems and the Bloomberg cloud. Typically, system integration includes the combined use of real-time XML messaging; FIX messaging, usage of Bloomberg APIs and MQ messaging. Typical engagements can include the use of real-time XML and FIX messaging, data transformations; batch based processes, FpML/SWIFT messaging and other protocols as well as MQ, FIX, TCP/IP, FTP and ODBC connectivity between the client and the Bloomberg Cloud. In addition to data connectivity and transformations, our products also allow clients to code up to our API's in order to programmatically in either a server or desktop architecture.
We’ll trust you to:
- You will have the following skill-sets encompassing technology, communication and project management
- Handle technical consultancy in post-sales implementations
- Be responsible for the successful completion of integration initiatives
- Project manage which includes troubleshooting and escalation both internally and with clients
- Work on the application and evolution of Bloomberg best practices
- Design, configure and deploy the integration of trading interfaces between Bloomberg and clients
You'll need to have:
- Capable of managing time effectively
- Ability to multitask in a fast paced, performance driven environment
- Excellent written/oral communication skills
- Good presentation skills including written, graphic and verbal
- Confirmed Project Management skills
- Ability to manage client expectations
- Proven ability to independently drive successful engagements with customers
- Capital Markets knowledge with understanding of buy & sell-side order management workflows
Expert Knowledge/Significant Experience:
- FIX, XML, SWIFT messaging
- Messaging (MQ, Tibco, MSMQ, Sonic, JMS)
- Data Transformations using XML / XSLT
- Web Services
- Database design and use (ETL, triggers, and stored procedures) for DB's (Oracle, MS SQL, Sybase, etc)
- Unix & Linux skills (To user level – Navigating Through Applications Logs)
- Target & Source Systems such as: Charles River, PFS, EZE Castle, FMC, SS&C, Murex, Calypso, SunGard, Custodians, etc.
For more information on Bloomberg Connectivity & Integration and our suite of products, visit the site below: (Pre Interview)
Apply if you think we’re a good match. We’ll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.