Implementation Project Manager - VP
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley USA
- 16 Oct 18
Implementation Project Manager - VP
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, wealth management and investment management services. With offices in more than 43 countries, the Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments, institutions and individuals.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and prosper.
Morgan Stanley was the industry's first stock plan service provider and has over 40 years of experience. Today, Morgan Stanley is a recognized market leader in the stock plan services marketplace as measured by both the number of equity plans supported and plan participants on the platform. The GSPS business philosophy is to provide high touch service using a team approach. As dictated by the client's needs, their team will be comprised of a Stock Plan Director team as well as dedicated members from our Relationship Management, Service Delivery, and Financial Reporting areas.
Position Summary: Individual initially will be part of a large migration team responsible for the successful platform shift for approximately 300 clients. Additionally, the candidate will guide a client through the stages of implementing their Equity Plan (Stock Option, Restricted Stock, Stock Purchase, Performance Awards, Cash Awards, Stock Settled, etc.) onto the new platform.
- Initial primary responsibility will be to assist in the coordination and migration of existing clients from current MS administrative and operational platform to a new platform.
- Platform migration will include high level senior management reporting of current status and daily updates.
- Implementation of necessary PMO tactics to properly align with new platform including leveraging of agile PM components
- Revise and implement new onboarding process and take part in a task force assigned to drive this track to closure
- Individual will guide the Corporate Client through stages of implementing a client's Option Plan, Restricted Stock Plan, Cash Plan or Employee Stock Purchase Equity Plans.
- The individual must have a unique ability to prioritize multiple tasks and multiple clients in the implementation process and coordinate with all internal departments (Service Delivery Manager, Operations, Client Services, FAS, Legal, CCG Directors and Technology) to monitor the tasks at hand.
- Individual must work closely with assigned client base to provide world class service and client satisfaction.
- Ability to manage across groups and corporate clients and vendors
- Capable of leading large corporate client discussions both via conference and in person
- Ability to manage Project Plans (Microsoft Project) to track & report the status of each client through the implementation process.
- Assist in the RFP and sales presentations process as required.
- Implementation project management experience
- In depth knowledge of Equity Compensation, CEP a plus.
- PMP Certification a plus
- Proactively manages potential problems to mitigate and minimize risk associated with product types and projects early to take corrective action.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and multiple client deliverables coordinating with all internal GSPS departments (Service Delivery Manager, Operations, Client Management, FAS, Legal, CCG Directors, Product and Technology); monitoring the tasks at hand
- Handling of large scale migrations and architecture overhauls.
- Business Knowledge: Depth of knowledge relative to equity plan administration.
- Analytical Skills: Well-developed problem-solving skills necessary to research and trouble shoot inquiries through continual interaction with all departments.
- Project Management/ Support: Organizational skills to track and maintain open issues for multiple projects. Ability to work under pressure with very tight time constraints, i.e. periods of unexpected high volume activity on implementation client's or a designated project;
- Prioritization skills to make sure the decisions being made are the right decisions.
- Leadership: Ability to take the lead on projects with minimal supervision or follow-up.
- Communication: Excellent written and verbal communication skills necessary to Interact with client management, product management, implementation, operations, legal and information technology (IT)