IT Senior Developer - GED Technology
TD Securities provides a wide range of capital market products and services to corporate, government and institutional clients. The firm works with clients around the world, focusing selectively and strategically on the key financial centers: Toronto, Montreal, Calgary, Vancouver, New York, London, Singapore and Tokyo. www.td.com Department Overview
The IT Senior Developer TDB provides a broad range of system solutions development to business problems through the development and programming of applications/systems. Job Description
• Responsible for analyzing a broad range of business requirements, conducting program / system research and analysis to identify key components for solutions delivery and problem resolution.
• Develops new applications and performs unit/component test for new application development initiatives aligned to business needs and in accordance with technology architecture standards.
• Ensures effective communication of solutions development requirements for respective area and contributes to project plans, estimations, timelines and status updates to support management team/clients on prioritizing new and existing projects against IT requirements and business objectives.
• Informs key stakeholders of any issues that may impact other areas of the project and resolves or escalates issues as required.
• Supports business inquiries and business activities through execution of small enhancements and break/fix implementations (e.g. source code changes).
• Works with Business Analysts/Systems Analysts, other technology Developers/ Solution Designers to ensure the configuration and custom components meet application requirements and performance goals.
• Creates and maintains quality code, ensures defect free programming consistent with standards; provides code maintenance and supports during testing cycles and post-production deployment and participate in reviewing peer coding.
• Adheres to standard security coding practices to ensure application is free of most common coding vulnerabilities.
• Participates in identifying and recommending development/testing solutions /tools in support of project/ application objectives.
• Completes unit and integration testing for conformance to standards and adherence to design specifications.
• Complies with well-defined enterprise technology delivery practices and standards and project management disciplines by participating in scope assessment, risk and cost analysis.
• Assists in the development/ maintenance of comprehensive processes for prevention of issues and participate in problem determination and timely resolution of incidents applying appropriate quality measures.
• Perform Systems Administration of applications /environments supported by the LOB, monitors application /service performance, and performs configuration, backup, authentication & tuning.
• Ensure both state-of-health monitoring and monthly SLA targets are in place, and are being met.
• Provides technical expertise during Incident management, analyzes incident reports and outages, performs impact assessment for incidents and facilitates internal and external communication throughout incident resolution.
• Continuously enhances knowledge/expertise in area and keeps current with leading-edge technologies, emerging trends/developments and grows knowledge of the business, applications, infrastructure, analytical tools and techniques.
• Prioritizes and manages own workload in order to deliver quality results and meet timelines as assigned.
• Supports a positive work environment that promotes service to the business, quality, innovation and teamwork and ensures timely communication of issues/ points of interest.
• Identifies and recommends opportunities to enhance productivity, effectiveness and operational efficiency of the business unit and/or team.
• Establishes effective relationships across multiple business and technology partners, program and project managers.
• Participates in knowledge transfer within the team and business units.
• Impact assessment for incidents and facilitates internal and external communication throughout incident resolution. Requirements
IT Senior Developer provides technology solutions to TD Securities Global Equity Derivative business with tools and applications to manage their P&L and risk.
• Design and develop trading solutions and manage their implementation ensuring that software components are built /designed in a robust manner in a rapid/agile application development.
• Participate in requirements analysis and overall application design.
• Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code.
• Apply Object-Oriented Design and Programming to build component-based middle tier RESTful web services and to consume SOAP and REST Web services.
• Contribute to all phases of the development life-cycle.
• Captures and maps business requirements to system/technical requirements and identifies gaps. Qualifications
• Bachelor's/Master's Degree (e.g., Computer Science, Engineering, Finance)
• 3 - 5 years' experience as a server-side developer
• Experience with React and NodeJS or similar frameworks
• 5+ years' experience working with RESTful APIs
• 3+ years' with SQL based databases
• 3+ years' experience working with No-SQL database like MongoDB
• Solid understanding of object-oriented programming (C++/C#)
• Understanding of fundamental design principles behind scalable processes
• Proficient creating database schemas that represent and support business processes
• Product knowledge of Equity and Equity derivative, risk & pl, pricing, etc desired Hours
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live in and serve, and creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach their potential.
If you are a candidate with a disability and need an accommodation to complete the application process, email the TD Bank US Workplace Accommodations Program at USWAPTDO@td.com . Include your full name, best way to reach you, and the accommodation needed to assist you with the application process.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.