We are a leading global asset management firm with over 3,000 employees across 20 offices in 15 countries; we help millions of investors around the world pursue their financial goals.
We hire critical thinkers. People who thrive in a collaborative culture like ours where we solve real problems while building the future of finance. You
- Are excited to be part of a vibrant engineering community that values diversity, hard work, and continuous learning.
- Love solving complex real-world business problems.
- Recognize that cross-functional collaboration is a core component of success for the team.
- Believe there are multiple ways to solve most technical problems and are willing to debate the trade-offs.
- Have become a stronger engineer by making mistakes and learning from them.
- Are a doer, someone who wants to grow their career and gain experience across technologies and business functions.
- Continuously invest in a high-performance and inclusive culture, in which a diversity of backgrounds, experiences and viewpoints are celebrated and valued.
- Encourage career mobility, so you can benefit from learning different functions and technologies, and we gain the benefits of your experience across teams.
- Run technology pro bono programs that help the non-profit community and give our engineering community opportunities to volunteer and participate.
- Offer education reimbursements and ongoing training in technology, communication, and diversity & inclusion.
- Embrace knowledge sharing through lunch-and-learns, demos, and technical forums.
- Consider our people to be our greatest asset-we will help you learn what PIMCO Technology has to offer so you can participate in activities that benefit your career while delivering impactful technology solutions.
The IT Help Desk Technician provides technical support and customer service to enhance productivity in
the operation of all computer technology. The responsibilities include call handling, issue identification,
logging and tracking, resolution, and escalation, as appropriate, to IT product owners and infrastructure
related technology groups across multiple technical areas. Additionally the role will perform functions
that include drawing upon computer hardware and application experience in order to provide technical
resolution for end-user technology and support an impending large-scale migration to a state of the art
virtualized corporate workspace.
The Help Desk Technician position tasks include end user support, license tracking, and installation of
hardware and software solutions, performing upgrades and configuring software applications. The ideal
candidate must possess advanced networking understanding, knowledge of physical and virtualized
Windows environments, remote support programs and excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills.
The position also performs various Service Desk operational tasks across a variety of user
communication channels including phone, email, chat, virtual agent and self-service options where
*********MUST BE COMFORTABLE WORKING WEEKENDS AND WEEKDAYS AT ANY TIME********** Responsibilities
Position Requirements: Qualifications:
- Provide Help Desk support and resolve problems to the end-user's satisfaction
- Perform issue handling, identification and resolution with all levels of internal end-users
- Ensure customers maintain productivity while experiencing customer service-oriented assistance
- Serve as a single point of contact for communicating technology issues or IT related services
- Serve as the customer's advocate in ensuring that the proper IT department is notified and responds accordingly to break-fix incidents and chronic computer problems impacting customer productivity via Workstation PCs, Laptops, VDI / Thin-Clients
- Consistently mindful of security, processes and procedures and adhering to policies set forth by Compliance
- Ask appropriate troubleshooting questions to determine scope and nature of problem
- Effectively communicate and walk end-users through the problem-solving process
- Install, modify, and repair computer hardware and software
- Monitor all tickets assigned to the queue and process first-in first-out based on priority
- Utilize and maintain helpdesk incident, knowledge, problem and remote assistance software
- Understand existing and document future internal helpdesk service procedures for consideration and knowledge management incorporation
- Report issues to internal IT infrastructure groups for escalation where applicable
- Manage PC setup and deployment for new employees using standard hardware, images and software
- Assign users and computers to proper groups in Active Directory where applicable
- Perform timely workstation hardware and software upgrades as required
- Coach and develop less senior technicians
- Work schedule based on available shifts
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Demonstrate an understanding of technology/standards used in area of responsibility with minimal supervision
- Ability to perform complex requests (structured work assignments) to install or configure systems
- Solve a range of straightforward problems; analyzes possible solutions using standard procedures
- Recognize how changes may impact the business and other functions within IT; understands how change management is achieved in their assigned area
- Recognize when and to whom issues should be escalated within assigned area
- Demonstrate an understanding of IT strategies and their relationship to their assigned area
- Minimum 8+ or more years of relevant IT experience
- Experience installing, configuring, repairing, supporting and providing expertise on Windows
- Operating systems (Windows 7, Windows 10 and an understanding of mainstream migration techniques)
- Familiar with industry accepted practices for imaging and performing large scale rollouts (i.e. SCCM)
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory for end-user support
- Able to create, copy, change, disable or modify user accounts
- Familiar with group membership and OU hierarchy
- Software support for productivity applications such as Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe products
- Ability to quickly learn and support line-of-business applications and SaaS or web-based solutions
- Follow procedures for inventory, change requests, knowledgebase updates and management systems used to govern IT
- Able to support and be mindful of End-point security of systems and data (antivirus/malware)
- Software inventory and distribution (update/patch deployment)
- Working knowledge of portable computing devices and technologies (smart phone or tablet computers)
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field
- Prior support of Financial services, Trading floors and/or Investment-Banking a plus
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as flexible work arrangements, parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office