IT Audit Manager
- Understanding of Moody's control environment (e.g., mission, strategic objectives, culture and business environment), current and emerging risk profiles and leading practices for their areas of responsibility
- Develops relationship with audit stakeholders, manages stakeholder expectations and aligns audit projects based on stakeholders objective of the area under review.
- Assists in articulating audit project scope to auditees, linked to management objectives and field questions, and educating stakeholders on best practices in governance, risk and control.
- Focus audit projects, including reporting, on key risk areas based on objectives of the area under review.
- Prepares and communicates audit plan, develops audit engagement budget and timelines, supervises and/or executes audit field work with minimum to moderate supervision.
- Proactively manages or assists in managing audit lifecycle (e.g. scheduling midpoint meeting, internal status meetings, related agendas).
- Develop test steps for the area under review commensurate with the nature of risk and risk levels.
- Perform audit projects in accordance with departmental and Institute of Internal Auditors standards.
- Communicates roles and expectations for project team at the start of the project and enforces accountability of project deliverables, hours, cost, and cycle time.
- Assists in monitoring team's performances and workload, including external consultants. Proactively develops appropriate initial resolutions to audit obstacles to be discussed with project sponsor.
- Demonstrates ability to outline the facts around potential issues, prepare draft audit report and discuss internally and with stakeholders.
- Assists in developing the 'why do we care' for audit issues and collaborates with stakeholders and project team to develop meaningful recommendations for the audit projects.
- Assists in developing or supporting other IA deliverables i.e. local/regional regulators requests, board materials.
- Applies process analysis, business intelligence, and problem solving techniques when planning an audit, performing walkthroughs, and identifying effective test steps.
- Upholds and promotes professional ethics.
- Maintains curiosity and exercises professional skepticism.
- Participate in identifying bespoke testing, continuous monitoring, and repeatable test plans. Assists in developing data analytics and data visualizations.
- Capable of performing intermediate level data analytics functions within Excel or equivalent applications (e.g. Access, Tableau, ACL), and leverages, contributes, and improves the data analytics library.
- Leads and/or supports execution of innovative solutions on projects and supports IA management team in overall change management.
- Assists with enhancing the internal audit standards, processes, templates and audit techniques to increase overall efficiency and quality of internal audit delivery.
- Acts as a role model by exemplifying high performance for team members.
- Provides constructive and timely feedback and identifies development opportunities for individual team members.
Coaches team members to enhance their competence and professional development
- Bachelor's degree
- CPA, CA, CIA or equivalent professional qualification
- 5-8 years of experience in a Big 4 Accounting firm and/or a global organization
Good knowledge of internal controls, internal controls framework and risk standards (e.g. COSO, ISO, NIST etc.), Sarbanes Oxley Act, regulations pertaining to financial services industry, GAAP and financial systems and related technology
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email email@example.com.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.