IT Asset Management (ITAM) /Configuration Management (CMDB) Senior Consultant
Information Technology Asset Management (ITAM) / Configuration Management (CMDB) Senior Consultant
The ITAM / CMDB Consultant will be responsible for advising clients on ITAM / CMDB taxonomy, processes, policies, procedures, and technology to address their regulatory, operational, audit and reporting requirements for managing IT assets (i.e., hardware, software, and/or CMDB).
As an ITAM / CMDB Consultant, you will bring value to our clients by understanding their needs, anticipating future needs, and executing on efforts to fulfill the needs while providing an inspiring client experience for them. Work you'll do
- Participate with project teams to help clients develop and implement leading ITAM / CMDB practices, including designing and transforming ITAM / CMDB organizations and governance, process, and technology solutions to become industry leading organizations.
- Provide guidance and manage ITAM / CMDB activities which may be occurring simultaneously at the client. Illustrative activities may include asset renewals, ticket processing / fulfillment, cost optimization initiatives, process efficiency implementations, data analytics, security analysis, application/service modeling, system integration, and engagement reporting.
- Client engagements will vary in complexity and duration.
Deloitte's Risk & Financial Advisory business helps complex organizations pursue their growth, innovation and performance agendas through proactive management of the associated risks. Our professionals provide advisory and implementation services that integrate risk, regulatory, and technology skills to help clients transform their legacy programs into proactive Secure.Vigilant.Resilient. TM cyber risk programs. Join the team developing the future state of cyber risk solutions. Learn more about Deloitte Advisory's Cyber Risk Services practice. Requirements:
How you'll grow
- 3 + years of consulting and/or related subject matter experience
- Prior Big 4 or other consulting experience a plus
- Willingness to travel 80%
- BA/BS required
- ServiceNow preferred
- Understand and knowledge of leading ITAM / CMDB tools
- Have a broad knowledge of asset/CI discovery tools, both agent-based and agentless
- Have experience with CMDB integrations from a variety of data sources
- Understand and be able to direct data normalization and reconciliation
- Have hands-on, practical experience with the implementation, operation, and maintenance of one or more major CMDB products
- Understand and be able to explain application and/or service modeling concepts and modeling execution in the CMDB
- Understand and be able to explain the hardware asset lifecycle, and be familiar with procurement, receiving, deployment, and disposal concepts and methodologies
- Report/present on engagement activities
- Interact and bridge gaps between other key engagement threads
- Be proactive and anticipate roadblocks, assist with issue escalations
- Multi-task and drive projects to completion
- Manage last minute client/internal management requests
- Remain responsive to key client stakeholders
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center. Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you. Deloitte's culture
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte. Corporate citizenship
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world. Recruiter tips
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
As used in this posting, "Deloitte Advisory" means Deloitte & Touche LLP, which provides audit and enterprise risk services; Deloitte Financial Advisory Services LLP, which provides forensic, dispute, and other consulting services; and its affiliate, Deloitte Transactions and Business Analytics LLP, which provides a wide range of advisory and analytics services. Deloitte Transactions and Business Analytics LLP is not a certified public accounting firm. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. These entities are separate subsidiaries of Deloitte LLP.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Deloitte will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available. https://www2.deloitte.com/us/en/pages/careers/articles/ban-the-box-notices.html
Requisition code: E20NATFSRCMC016-IT