IMD, AIMS, Operational Diligence, VP
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Goldman Sachs USA
- 16 Oct 18
IMD, AIMS, Operational Diligence, VP
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT
We're a team of trusted advisors who provide innovative investment solutions to help our clients meet their financial goals. From private wealth to asset management, we work with specialists and groups from around the firm to help high-net-worth individuals and institutions across various industries navigate changing markets and make smart investments. We value self-starters with an entrepreneurial spirit, but still provide the support and resources to ensure your success.
estate managers, and public equity and fixed income strategies.
The AIMS Group manages globally diversified commingled fund products, targeted sector-specific strategies, customized portfolios, and a range of advisory services. Our investors access opportunities through new fund commitments, fund-of-fund investments, strategic partnerships, secondary-market investments, co-investments, and seed-capital investments. With over 250 professionals across 7 offices around the world, the AIMS Group provides manager diligence, portfolio construction, risk management, and liquidity solutions to investors, drawing on Goldman Sachs' market insights and risk management expertise. We extend these global capabilities to the world's leading sovereign wealth funds, pension plans, governments, financial institutions, endowments, foundations, and family offices, for which we invest or advise on over $200 billion of alternative investments and public equity and fixed income strategies.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS Principal Responsibilities:
- Coordinate ongoing monitoring activities for the Operational Due Diligence team, which includes, reviewing existing investment advisors to evaluate their overall control environment to identify any material risks across the firm and products.
- Research and update questionnaires to ensure material risks and current industry themes are being captured.
- Involved with dissemination of the questionnaires to third party managers and curating the responses into actionable steps and reporting for clients
- Maintain surveillance program including managing third party vendors (media and regulatory searches), maintaining internal tracking system and enforce internal workflow processes
- Schedule ongoing monitoring interactions with managers via periodic and accelerated updates, highlighting issues or noteworthy developments to appropriate teams
- Participate in initial operational due diligence visits and calls with potential and existing investment advisors to evaluate their overall control environment and perform a thorough risk assessment of the firm and products under consideration. Reviews cover several critical areas including, but not limited to, human capital assessments, conflict of interest, trading and/or transactional workflow processes, accounting and valuation, technology environment, and compliance policies and procedures.
- Serve as an active liaison between the AIMS business and functional groups who take an active role in the committee tasked with vetting third party managers from a non-investment perspective
- Build and maintain industry expertise necessary to effectively engage personnel at investment advisers and assess adequacy of overall control environment
- Memorialization of due diligence activity using AIMS proprietary systems, memorandum and analytics
- Strong verbal, analytical and written communication skills
- Demonstrated strong organizational skills
- Demonstrated orientation toward and interest in understanding control processes across trade execution and settlement, portfolio and fund accounting, financial instrument valuation as well as a general interest in evaluating businesses and assessing risk
- Demonstrated capacity to learn and develop broad expertise, including working knowledge of: alternative investment strategies; the financial instruments employed globally therein; valuation approaches across securities, derivatives and private investments; execution, accounting, and risk systems; global compliance and regulatory environments; and industry systems and service providers
- Strong sense of accountability and dedication to continuous improvement
- Ability and desire to multi-task as role is dynamic in nature
- Ability and desire to travel
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.