ICM - Business Controls Officer
In view of heightened expectations from regulators and to ensure a strong and consistent global control environment, Citi continues to enhance its business control and governance framework by building out a new function focusing on Institutional Credit Management (ICM).
Institutional Credit Management (ICM) has been established with the objective to provide an integrated "end-to-end" credit underwriting, identification, measurement, management and monitoring for wholesale credit businesses across the enterprise.
This role will report into the Business Control Manager and will focus on process mapping and enhancement of the BAU controls monitoring and reporting, as well as on the management of a number of critical control-related processes and projects to build or enhance the businesses control framework.
This will also include assisting in the identification of risk areas and contributing to the development of strategic solutions to address these risks, enhance and monitor controls and ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and with firm Policy and Standards.
This is an exciting opportunity for a practically minded professional with a good understanding of first line controls and a keen interest to learn more and make a difference, and ultimately shape the ICM business for the future.
The incumbent will be working closely with the first and second line teams, Business Managers, Control teams, as well as partner areas such as Compliance, Audit, Operations and Technology.
• Initiate where appropriate process flow mapping program and/or contribute to existing programs, overlaying ICM's MCA and control attributes
• Initiate the enhancement of ICM's BAU controls framework, working closely with 1st and 2nd line control and transformation teams
• Maintain and further enhance existing controls processes for the department (e.g. Conduct Risk controls, Supervisory attestations, Business Control reviews)
• Produce, enhance and automate as required reporting tools and Management Information materials
• Collaborate with first line teams and related partner areas to investigate and resolve control issues
• Attend governance forums and take ownership of submissions, minutes and follow-ups
• Provide support to stakeholders and control functions on an ad-hoc basis
• Ensure procedures, process notes and other documentation are up-to-date and applied to adequately
• Engage in additional work streams as required
• Gaining in-depth knowledge around Wholesale Credit processes and controls
• Developing technical skills through process improvement and automation
• Working with people from different functions, countries, and diverse backgrounds.
Qualifications and skills required:
• At least 5 years' experience in the business risk and controls domain
• Hands-on experience in process flow programs, methodologies and software
• Experience in Wholesale Credit s preferred
• Proven experience in independently handling enhancement projects and interacting with1st, 2nd and 3rd line of defense teams.
• Ability to critically interpret regulations/policies/standards and convert them into logical procedures and control documents
• Excellent problem solving skills; ability to see the big pictures with high attention to critical details
• Excellent written and verbal communication
• Interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively and with people at all levels of the organization and across different geographic locations
• A proactive and "no surprises" approach in communicating issues
• Range of experience demonstrating flexibility in skillset and approach
• Undergraduate degree required Job Family Group:
Risk Management Job Family:
Business Risk & Controls Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting