IB GCP Loan Finance Analyst, NY
Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse. We Offer
We are a department which values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm's D&I ambition which is an integral part of our cultural values
The Corporate Asset Finance (CAF) team is engaged in the origination, structuring, and risk management of loans, total return swaps, related credit derivatives and other creative financings. The primary underlying asset classes supported by our financings are leveraged loans, high-yield bonds, and middle market loans. The CAF desk is part the of the Global Credit Products Financing business and is aligned with CLO origination.
CAF is seeking a qualified credit analyst to join the team that focuses on private credit portfolio financing, given the significant growth that we are experiencing in this business. Summary
: Analyst or Associate level applicant with experience analyzing non-investment grade companies. The applicant will play a significant role in our private credit portfolio financing business and have the opportunity to chip in to our other products, including loan TRS. The Role Involves:
- Providing credit analysis for new portfolio financing transactions, as well as regular credit reviews on our existing book of business.
- Analyzing both single name corporate borrowers and the broader portfolios that CAF is financing.
- Focusing on underperforming and distressed credits in particular, including forming views on credit valuation and related metrics.
- Working closely with the global CAF team and regularly interacting with our customer base.
- Communicating analysis to senior management and key business partners, including our corporate function partners (e.g. credit risk & market risk).
- Understand the value of diversity in the workplace and are dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgrounds receive equal treatment, realize their full potential and can bring their full, authentic selves to work.
- Credit analyst with proven experience in the leveraged finance space, spanning products and industries.
- Background in corporate asset finance, leveraged finance origination, research, credit risk management, direct lending origination, or other related area.
- Strong technical and quantitative skill set that you can apply to drive business results
- Strong communication skills!
- Dedicated and have ability to work in a time sensitive environment with the wherewithal to act as a self-starter when needed.
- Optimally interact with internal and external constituents of the business.
- Equivalent experience of at least 2 years and an undergraduate degree is essential. Graduate and/or additional certifications would be an added advantage!
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success. Credit Suisse complies with applicable federal, state, and local laws prohibiting discrimination in employment in every jurisdiction in which it maintains facilities. Subject to applicable law and regulatory requirements, Credit Suisse complies with state and local laws regarding considering for employment qualified individuals with criminal histories.