IB COO Volcker Analyst
Are you solution oriented? Do you always have an eye toward improving processes? Do you have a keen interest in Capital Markets? We're looking for an AD to D to handle the following responsibilities with a focus on the Investment Bank's Fixed Income FX, Rates, and Credit businesses.
– Lead monthly discussions with heads of Volcker Desks to review risk sensitivities, limit utilization, financial performance as well as client activities, to ensure reported Volcker metrics fairly reflect business activities.
– Investigate changes of trends in Volcker metrics through deep dive analysis within the bank's market risk, finance, and booking systems to discuss with business leads whether the changes in trends raise alerts from Volcker perspective.
– Challenge UBS metrics calculations and logic to identify additional measurements that may help improve understanding of the business.
– Build relationships with internal stakeholders across Trading, Business Management, Market Risk, Finance and Compliance.
– Lead business requirements for IT changes involving risk, finance, and booking systems used across Fixed Income businesses to address known issues about data quality and calculation of Volcker metrics, as well as improving analysis efficiencies.
You will be working on the Investment Bank COO team in New York. Part of the COO team is responsible for Post Trade review controls related to Volcker regulatory compliance across the IB globally including businesses in Corporate Client Solutions and Investor Client Solutions (Equities and FX, Rates, and Credit).
The Investment Bank provides corporate, institutional and wealth management clients with expert advice, innovative financial solutions, outstanding execution and comprehensive access to the world's capital markets. It offers financial advisory and capital markets, research, equities, foreign exchange, precious metals and tailored fixed income services in rates and credit through its two business units, Corporate Client Solutions and Investor Client Services. The Investment Bank is an active participant in capital markets flow activities, including sales, trading and market-making across a range of securities.
Your experience and skills
– 5-10 years of relevant experience in financial markets or banking industry
– Previous experience in data analysis, market risk control, or financial control role is critical
– Previous experience in fixed income markets (rates, credit and FX) is desirable.
– Previous experience interacting with stakeholders across multiple locations both domestic and international
– Analytical and a quick learner
– Someone with high attention to detail
– A strong communicator with the ability to regularly interact with stakeholders
– Persistent - the role requires frequent follow up and interaction with junior and senior staff of the bank
– Able to work both independently and in a team in order to reach conclusions supported by analytical review of business activity
– Someone with a high level of energy and commitment to support the business. An ability to be flexible and proactive in solving problems and issues for Volcker Analytics Team.
– Client Focus:
– Understands the necessity and importance of behaving within professional and legal boundaries
– Invests time and energy in providing the highest quality service
– Risk & Professional Behavior:
– Behaves in a way to mitigate risk
– Demonstrates accountability
– Works within own limits of authority/competence for risk and escalates potential excesses or issues.
– Communication and Impact:
– Adjusts communication style to suit topic, audience and situation
– Builds trust through open and honest interaction even in "difficult situations"
– Delivers consistent messages
– Planning and Organizing:
– Understands the interdependencies between own work and that of other colleagues and the need to co-ordinate activities
– Anticipates potential work overloads and plans accordingly
– Problem Analysis:
– Sees cause and effect relationships between parts of a problem
– Applies a logical approach to the analysis of information and data
– Understands the information needed (to resolve an issue) and finds ways of obtaining it
– Quality and Continuous Improvement:
– Shares "best practices" with co-workers
– Addresses the sources of errors or problems until they are resolved
– Ensures important problems affecting quality are escalated appropriately
What we offer
Together. That's how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.