IB CM&A, Risk & Controls, Conflicts Strategy, AVP, NY
Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse. We Offer
Our Capital Markets and Advisory ("CM&A") team consists of professionals with expertise across the range of industries and products. Leading global equity and fixed-income sales and trading desks further support our global Investment Banking efforts. Credit Suisse has unparalleled global vision, with a significant presence in major financial centers across the globe.
The Strategic Implementation Group sits within the Conflicts Group and is responsible for working with the Conflicts Group Head on ongoing strategic review of the department, identifying areas for enhancement and developing and implementing plans to effect necessary changes. The team works to prioritize projects through their analysis of the risk presented. Modes of improvement can include, amongst others, systems upgrades, enhancements to procedures, creation and delivery of training plans, and establishment of regular working group meetings. The team collaborates with partners throughout Credit Suisse to continue to enhance Conflicts intra-bank communication and back office processes. Your future colleagues
The Conflicts Group, part of the CM&A Risk and Controls Group ("RCG"), is responsible for registering and reviewing all new banking transactions, including pitches, substantive client discussions and receipt of confidential information, for the purpose of determining if there could be a real or perceived conflict of interest with other activities across the firm. To ensure the efficiency of the Conflicts framework, the Conflicts Team engages in a variety of detective and preventative controls.
We are a department which values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm's D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global cultural values. You Offer
We are looking for an applicant with equivalent experience of working in a controls' function (including working with systems) and/or strong project management experience (3-5 years' experience)
- Strong academic credentials, specifically in finance and accounting
- Familiarity with investment banking transactions (i.e., mergers/acquisition, underwriting and lending)
- Excellent project management skills, including ability to analyze and determine appropriate project scope, manage multiple business partners, engender "buy-in," with sensitivity as to where a project may sit within a broader universe of issues, as well as establish and mange to defined timelines, driving for timely completion;
- Attention to detail, ability to prioritize work, multi-task and act with a sense of urgency and responsiveness to all inquiries
- Detailed analytical skills with the ability to identify issues and lead the resolution process
- Creative, problem solver, able to identify multiple paths to resolution of an issue and excellent writing, presentation and/or legal writing skills
- Ability to work on his/her own initiative with a resilient attitude and, after sufficient training, to independently address potential conflict issues with minimal support from more senior group members
- Good interpersonal skills, ability to develop relationships with internal clients to understand and address their needs with diplomacy and sensitivity
- Discretion in the handling of sensitive information
- Strong sense of ownership regarding the successful completion of responsibilities
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Understands the value of diversity in the workplace and is dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgrounds receive equal treatment, realize their full potential and can bring their full, authentic selves to work
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success. Credit Suisse complies with applicable federal, state, and local laws prohibiting discrimination in employment in every jurisdiction in which it maintains facilities. Subject to applicable law and regulatory requirements, Credit Suisse complies with state and local laws regarding considering for employment qualified individuals with criminal histories.