IBD, Talent Manager, Vice President, New York
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Our division works on some of the most complex financial challenges and transactions in the market today. Whether advising on a merger, providing financial solutions for an acquisition, or structuring an initial public offering, we handle projects that help clients at major milestones. We work with corporations, pension funds, financial sponsors, and governments and are team of strong analytical thinkers, who have a passion for producing out-of-the-box ideas. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
IBD Talent Manager
You will be aligned to a business unit and responsible for managing all of the analysts and associates within that business, including professional development activities and with a strong focus on staffing activities. To achieve this, you will connect and collaborate with senior bankers and business unit leader(s) but also with other talent managers across different business units. In addition to leading staffing, you will drive and coordinate junior banker's skillset development as well as all career management aspects including feedback, performance assessment, compensation and promotion decisions in collaboration with HCM Business Partners. You will partner with the Recruiting Team and play a critical role in hiring analyst and associates and managing the summer internship program. Key Responsibilities Investment Banking Analyst and Associate Experience
- Run the staffing process for a cohort of ( analysts and associates ) within your business unit.
- Obtain detailed information from senior bankers regarding client situations and projects with staffing needs.
- Recommend the best available team of juniors for each project, balancing team and individual needs.
- Communicate staffing decisions and rationales to all parties involved.
- Professional development of junior bankers.
- Understand the aspirations, goals, strengths, development areas and support required for each analyst and associate
- Focus on the development and career progression, and other topics as they arise of each analyst and associate
- Work closely Business Unit Leaders and Junior Banker Champions to ensure that analysts and associates receive timely and required development opportunities while reflecting needs in client service.
- Collaborate with other Talent Managers and Business Unit Managers around cross-staffing situations as well as to explore suitable mobility opportunities for analysts and associates
- Coordinating strategic people activities and initiatives across business unit
- Work in close collaboration with Business Unit Leaders, senior bankers, other IBD talent managers
- Active involvement in progressing diversity including coordination with affinity networks and HCM
- Coordination with HCM regarding talent management processes
- Coordination with HCM professionals to drive campus and junior lateral recruiting
- Oversight of summer analyst and summer associate intern programs
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- 5+ years in professional services organization or relevant knowledge of professional services
- Experience in a people function ideally in professional development/staffing
- Strong integrity, maturity and fairness in dealing with people and confidential information
- Excellent interpersonal skills; strong influencing capabilities
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written); ability to listen
- Outstanding organizational skills and attention to details
- Ability to work under pressure and conflicting circumstances
- High level of drive and initiative
- Ability to manage matrix of relationships
- Good understanding of investment banking
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity