IBD, Classic, TMT, Analyst, New York
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Our division works on some of the most complex financial challenges and transactions in the market today. Whether advising on a merger, providing financial solutions for an acquisition, or structuring an initial public offering, we handle projects that help clients at major milestones. We work with corporations, pension funds, financial sponsors, and governments and are team of strong analytical thinkers, who have a passion for producing out-of-the-box ideas. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
The Technology, Media and Telecom Group within the Investment Banking Division in New York is looking for an Analyst with current TMT banking (or related) experience to join the team.
Our Technology, Media and Telecom (TMT) Group advises clients in the technology, media and telecom sectors on various financial transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, equity/equity-linked and debt financings, joint ventures, restructurings, and financial investments. Key sub-sectors in TMT include Software, Internet, e-Commerce, Sports and Entertainment, Publishing, Advertising, Broadcasting, Cable, Wireless, Hosting, Semi-conductors and Electronics and Hardware. Role Responsibilities
- You will create client pitches, offering memoranda and management presentations
- You will conduct extensive due diligence and industry research
- You will perform comprehensive analyses of pro forma merger scenarios, leveraged buyouts, public listings and financing alternatives using discounted cash flow, sum of the parts, public comparables and precedent transactions analyses
- Bachelor's degree and at least 1 year of relevant work experience
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong analytical orientation, with experience performing financial and valuation analysis in Excel or comparable spread sheet tools
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Demonstrated interested in finance, companies, transactions and financial markets position details
- Strong team orientation, and a proven ability to work effectively with multiple different teams to solve problems and create client pitches
- An ability to think commercially about the needs of the industry clients
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity