IBCM, Corporate Bank – PMG, ANL-ASO, NY
The Credit Analyst role provides the opportunity to work in the Portfolio Management Group ("PMG") at Credit Suisse, part of the Corporate Bank. PMG is responsible for handling the Firm's global corporate bank loan exposure. The group has offices in London and New York with 15 Credit Analysts supporting four Portfolio Managers ("PMs").
The Credit Analysts within PMG's New York group have primary responsibility for assessing the financial health and creditworthiness of corporate counterparties to which CS has extended credit. The Analysts conduct fundamental analysis and credit surveillance of the portfolio.
- Understand operational and financial drivers for counterparties in their assigned sector(s)
- Develop a credit perspective on each counterparty and communicate views to the PMs, PMG trader and other constituencies within Credit Suisse (including Credit Risk Management, the Enterprise Valuation Group and Corporate Lending)
- Maintain updated financial models, credit ratings and outlooks
- Analyze quarterly earnings and participate in significant company-sponsored conference calls
- Maintain detailed enterprise valuation and recovery analyses for HY credits in the portfolio
- Attend conferences, review sell side research and maintain dialogue with rating agencies to insure depth of perspective
- Contribute to the process by Reviewing rankings of the credits in the portfolio with senior members of the group
- Monitor loan and CDS trading levels
- Recommend hedging strategies to handle risk within coverage universe
- Equivalent work experience of at least 2 to 5 years in a credit or equity position; CFA a plus!
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Outstanding financial modeling skills, including proficiency in Excel
- Detailed understanding of accounting and financial reporting
- Effective interpersonal and multi-tasking skills; ability to prioritize multiple projects at once
- Outstanding desire to discover answers to fundamental research questions through detailed analysis.