High Yield Senior Portfolio Manager
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- APG Asset Management US Inc.
- 30 Nov 17 2017-11-30
APG Asset Management US Inc. is the New York affiliate of Dutch pension services company, APG. APG manages pension assets of approximately 4.5 million Dutch citizens who have worked in the government, education and construction industries. Among APG’s clients is one of the biggest pension funds in the world. APG manages an international investment portfolio of $522 billion (May 2017) across a strategic mix of assets. APG’s head office is located in Heerlen, Netherlands, with global offices in Amsterdam, New York and Hong Kong.
- Actively manage APG’s HY investments including strategy, portfolio construction and trade execution
- Formulate a strategic view of the asset class its relative value to other FI asset classes
- Invest opportunistically in HY for its US Core Plus strategies
- Adhere to a structured Investment Process and Best Execution policy
- Communicate effectively to provide insights on current themes, strategies and positions; describe recent changes in key investments and explain fund results
- Work within an integrated credit group including investment grade portfolio managers, bank loan portfolio manager and credit analysts
- Integrate technological solutions for tracking recommendations, trading patterns and liquidity measurement
- Liaise with internal departments on investment policies, procedures, risk measurement and compliance related requests
- Interact with the NL based FI portfolio managers and credit analysts
- The ideal candidate would have a minimum of 10 years of HY portfolio management experience and enjoy working in a dynamic, team environment
- Deep knowledge base of company credit histories, business cycles, covenants, and balance sheet analysis
- Excellent counterparty and trading relationships
- Advanced degree or CFA designation a plus
APG Asset Management US Inc. (APG) is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, age, sex, marital status, national origin, disability or handicap, veteran status, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation or any other classification protected by applicable law.