Help Desk Support Specialist
Our client, a leading global bank with one of the largest customer bases abroad and in Asia is seeking a Help Desk Support Specialist for its midtown Manhattan location. Responsibilities:
- Receive and respond to incoming phone calls, tickets, and e-mail requests for support.
- Submit, assign, and monitor tickets in Service Now queue. Prioritize the workload based on sensitivity and impact, follow up on open tickets to make sure issues are resolved within the SLA.
- Deliver white gloves service for senior management and VIP users.
- Assist with AV setup for conference calls, board meetings, and town halls.
- Plan, oversee and execute user moves in the evenings and/or weekends.
- Manager user onboarding activities - accounts setup, entitlement updates, virtual and physical workstations provisioning, desk setup, etc.
- Provide support for Windows OS, desktop applications, vendor applications, Active Directory, network connectivity, printers and other peripherals, hardware support, remote connectivity.
- Perform workstation patching, application deployments and software upgrades
- Must strive to provide exceptional customer service for the users on a consistent basis, exhibit empathy to user problems and take full ownership of providing prompt support for all IT needs.
- Manage problems through resolution with clear communication and status updates for affected users and management.
- Write technical procedures for configuration and deployment of hardware, software and related products.
- Participate in on-call rotation for support issues raised outside of business hours and on the weekends.
- Manage VOIP phones, turrets and mobile devices
- Collaborate with infrastructure and network administrators to ensure efficient operation of the desktop computing environment.
- Provide operational support and administration for various application servers and systems as necessary.
- Conduct independent research by reading knowledgebase articles, manuals, and procedure documents.
- Must be highly organized, able to multitask efficiently in a fast paced environment, and have good follow up skills.
- Provide on-call support and weekend coverage based on business requirements
Why Consider a Contract/Temp Role?
- 2+ years of prior experience in desktop support or similar role preferably in other financial services environment.
- Good knowledge of Windows 7 and Windows 10 Operating Systems and productivity software (MS Office).
- Understanding of Active Directory and group policies, Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft SCCM, VMware vSphere.
- Working knowledge of one or more scripting languages is preferred (Excel macros or Powershell)
- Must be self-motivated with a knack for new technologies, possess analytical and troubleshooting skills, and thrive in high-pressure dynamic environments.
- Successful candidate must demonstrate good communication and written skills, be patient and detail oriented.
- Ability to work independently and in a team.
- Must be flexible with schedule and work outside of business hours as required.
- Must be able to lift and move equipment up to 50lbs.
- Associates, technical school or bachelor's degree.
Visit us at www.phytontalent.com for more information. Phyton Talent Advisors is a proud winner of the Inavero's 2017 Best of Staffing® Client Award & Named by Forbes as One of America's Best Professional Recruiting Firms
- Get a foot in the door while evaluating your fit with an employer
- Fill in the "gap" while you continue to look for a permanent role
- Build your resume by developing new skills, experiences & references
- Some companies only use professional recruiting firms to fill jobs
As an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer, by choice, Phyton Talent Advisors will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, physical and mental disability, criminal record, genetic information, predisposition or carrier status, status with respect to receiving public assistance, domestic violence victim status, a disabled, special, recently separated, active duty wartime, campaign badge, Armed Forces service medal veteran, or any other characteristics protected under applicable law.