- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
Hedge Fund Product Manager
Hedge Fund Product Manager
- Primary Location: United States,New York,New York
- Other Location: United Kingdom,England,London
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Private Client Product Mgmt
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: No
- Job ID: 19009757
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi's Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients' and the public's trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop to are widely available to all.
Brief Description of the Organization CBNA is the primary legal entity for Citi, providing products and services to consumers, financial institutions and corporate clients around the world. In the past, Citi has provided most of its internal reporting on a business by business basis. With the changes in the regulatory environment, strong legal entity reporting and governance has become essential. This team is responsible for ensuring that CBNA has the appropriate governance and control infrastructure to meet the demand for legal entity planning, execution, information management and the ever-evolving regulatory environment.
Description of the Position:
Reporting to the Head of Hedge Fund Product Management, the role of the Product Manager is to oversee the product development, ongoing product management and after sales for Hedge Funds that are offered to Citi Private Bank's client base. The individual will be responsible for all functions related to development of new products and management of the existing product suite globally.
- Direct and manage the product development process from product creation to the ultimate launch of the product alongside the Citi hedge fund research team.
- Work with the research team, legal and third party managers identified by Citi hedge fund research to finalise and execute legal agreements.
-Partner with other functional departments such as Legal, Tax, Risk and Compliance to assist with appropriate product structure design, create constitutive offering documents and coordinate with the Distribution Product Approval Committee to obtain approval for launch of products.
-In collaboration with legal and compliance, ensure fund offerings are in compliance with regional regulations including MAS filing, AIFMD, CISA, RDR, PRIIPs, MiFID II and US Volcker Rule.
- Prepare intranet product page and WebQQ launch templates; work with the IT teams to upload offering docs onto the systems.
- Organize launch announcements, SP 24 training calls and launch calls.
- Manage and coordinate activities related to product launch and operations and Supervisory Principal training where applicable.
-Sales and revenue tracking and reporting.
- Act as the internal repository of product knowledge and provide marketing support to the sales team by ensuring that documents and processes are kept up to date to facilitate ease of transacting on platform.
- Manage relationships with external investment managers and hedge fund service providers in conjunction with the Hedge Research Analyst.
- Manage activities related to product modifications and ensure adequate communication of product changes across departments including GMI Sales Team, Legal, Compliance and others.
- Manage client reporting process, resolve all issues related to product implementation and work with Operations teams to ensure adequate support for ongoing offering of products.
-Work with control functions such as Legal, Compliance, Tax and Risk to carry out periodic review of products to ensure that they are offered within policies and regulations.
- Provide presale and after sales support for custom accounts including coordinating account opening process, documentation requests and client reporting.
- Provide after sales support to PE/RE product manager in the region as necessary
- Working knowledge of alternative investments, with a focus on hedge funds; private equity experience a plus
- 5 years or more experience in a product management and development, sales support, product support, investor relations, investor services, or a similar role in financial services.
- Undergraduate degree required. Advanced degree preferred; MBA and/or CFA a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills; ability to communicate effectively within the firm as well as externally.
- Highly effective in forging working relationships with team members and business counterparts.
- Strong time management, organizational and problem solving skills.
- Working knowledge of fund offering documents and agreements a plus.
- Broad understanding of regulatory, taxation and compliance issues related to alternative investments.