- Assist the Firm's COO & CFO to strategically enhance operational processes according to the Firm's business plans.
- Responsible for booking 3rd party trade executions across multi-asset classes that include equities, equity derivatives, credit derivatives, fixed income derivatives, FX, & commodities.
- On a daily basis, monitor trading policies/procedures, position limits, & various operational controls.
- Assist with end-to-end trade flow and ad hoc issues related to trade capture and risk management on a daily basis.
- Liaise with the Firm’s Principals, PMs, & Strategists as necessary in order to proactively communicate information relating to the Firm’s investment portfolio or to reactively address an issue that has been brought up for attention.
- Monitor OTC confirmations, daily risk reporting, and early exercise/assignments of option positions.
- Prepare nightly and weekly reports for the investment and operations teams.
- Assist with project work ranging from spreadsheet development to end-to-end process improvement to internal trade flow automation.
- Partner with different internal groups as it relates to interdepartmental projects that need Operational input / involvement.
- Reconcile 3rd party trades at end of day against broker recap files and automate process.
- Initiate early exercises and book assignments/exercise/expiries.
- Ad hoc projects for the accounting, operations and compliance team.
- Strong working knowledge using MS Excel (e.g. macros, vlookups, pivot tables, etc.).
- Be able to handle multiple tasks concurrently and display a willingness to learn, grow and be a team player.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Experience with shadow general ledger, preferably Geneva.
- 2 to 4 years of accounting/operations experience at a bank, hedge fund, brokerage, fund services.
- Highly organized and self-motivated.
- Process and detail oriented with a strong work ethic and team focused attitude.
- Demonstrate strong written, oral and presentation skills